DIY Watermelon Drinking Glasses

$3

I always see DIY watermelon mason jars on Pinterest but I wanted to make something a little bit more adult that looks like a watermelon but I don't need to be drinking pink lemonade ...I'll be drinking rosé!
diy watermelon drinking glasses
Gather your materials: Dollar Store utility rope, glass, lime green paint, paint brush, hot glue and a black Sharpie paint pen.
diy watermelon drinking glasses
Starting at the bottom of your glass hot glue or e6000 the rope about 1/4 of the way up. It is up to you what glue you want to use! I am hand washing these so hot glue isn't going to be an issue for me. Let me know what glue you'd use!
diy watermelon drinking glasses
diy watermelon drinking glasses
Paint the utility rope lime green and let that dry.
diy watermelon drinking glasses
Grab your black Sharpie paint pen and being to make your seeds on the glass.
diy watermelon drinking glasses
Do as many as your heart desires!
diy watermelon drinking glasses
diy watermelon drinking glasses
How damn cute is that!? Need more detail - check the full tutorial on my YouTube channel.
You can also catch this on my Hometalk Facebook live that happened this last Monday. I will be back on Hometalk's Facebook this coming Monday June 12th at 2 PM PST/5 PM EST to share another festive DIY. Be sure to like and subscribe to their page so don't miss out!
Rachel Metz

• Glo21772132

Whenever I wrap things with twine it ends up crooked and uneven going across the bottle. What did you use if anything to keep it even?
    Thanks
    • Deb

Use painter tape as a guide

• Kathi bakker

How do you wash them ? Seems to me they wouldn't last long.
    • Clb8846482

She used utility rope which is made of nylon and doesn't absorb water. It's similar to what is used in boating.

• Lillie DeWitt

You glued the rope then painted it, how did you paint the underside of the rope after it was glued on? Wouldn’t you have had to paint the rope First then glue?
    • Tracy Lynn

Exactly! The paint seeped through! I could figure that out! I would like to ask, is there colored utility rope , you can buy? Thank you!