DIY Watermelon Drinking Glasses

$3

I always see DIY watermelon mason jars on Pinterest but I wanted to make something a little bit more adult that looks like a watermelon but I don't need to be drinking pink lemonade ...I'll be drinking rosé!
Gather your materials: Dollar Store utility rope, glass, lime green paint, paint brush, hot glue and a black Sharpie paint pen.
Starting at the bottom of your glass hot glue or e6000 the rope about 1/4 of the way up. It is up to you what glue you want to use! I am hand washing these so hot glue isn't going to be an issue for me. Let me know what glue you'd use!
Paint the utility rope lime green and let that dry.
Grab your black Sharpie paint pen and being to make your seeds on the glass.
Do as many as your heart desires!
How damn cute is that!? Need more detail - check the full tutorial on my YouTube channel.
You can also catch this on my Hometalk Facebook live that happened this last Monday. I will be back on Hometalk's Facebook this coming Monday June 12th at 2 PM PST/5 PM EST to share another festive DIY. Be sure to like and subscribe to their page so don't miss out!

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home

• Glo21772132
    Glo21772132

Whenever I wrap things with twine it ends up crooked and uneven going across the bottle. What did you use if anything to keep it even?
    Thanks
    • Deb
      Deb

Use painter tape as a guide

• Kathi bakker
    Kathi bakker

How do you wash them ? Seems to me they wouldn't last long.
    • Gabrielle Falk
      Gabrielle Falk

But over time, with grubby/dirty/stained hands and fingers, even nylon 'twine' would become discoloured. So how would you keep the twine (nylon) clean. Glue, even the strongest, can deteriorate over time - with being dunked in hot, soapy water, etc.. Maybe there are water-resistant types of glues?? However...the idea would probably be a good idea, for vases, etc. in that, a container that does not need hot water and soap, to keep it clean, and disinfected from germs. Be that as it may....it is a really lovely, and clever idea. I'm 'banned' from using Super Glue, by myself - because I get it all over the place, in my hair, stick my fingers together - you get the idea. So maybe hot glue is the way to go.

• Lillie DeWitt
    Lillie DeWitt

You glued the rope then painted it, how did you paint the underside of the rope after it was glued on? Wouldn’t you have had to paint the rope First then glue?
    • Gabrielle Falk
      Gabrielle Falk

My goodness, there is. I'm from Sydney, Australia - and in the local Bunnings (a huge hardware/home/timber/plant etc. corporation), have many coloured ropes (nylon). I'm sure that in the US of A, there are heaps of places, that would sell the same - and probably have a larger variety, as well. Some pre-coloured 'rope/twine/nylon' is quite often, a little 'bit lurid' in colour - ie think it might be for safety reasons. But there are choices you can make - and would probably make the decoration of glasses, a little easier. I'm a messy painter, and the pre-coloured twine would suit me 'fine'. Probably can also get the coloured twine in $2.00 shops/thrifty shops as well.

• Lydia Robinson Harris
    Lydia Robinson Harris

i do that but make them as coasters with the rope I just use the glass as a guide I don’t put the glue on the glass just the rope once it dry remove the glass
    • Gabrielle Falk
      Gabrielle Falk

As we all know, drinks of all sorts, especially if they are cold, and have ice in them, drip condensation. How do you keep your coasters dry? Do you coat them with some sort of 'coating' that is resistant to moisture. And if they get grubby, how do you clean them?

• Thelma Schumacher
    Thelma Schumacher

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING