Kay27246977
Kay27246977
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Brooklyn, NY

Make Your Own Throw Pillow

$0

This pillow is so insanely easy to make its crazy. Plus, you can make it from stuff you already have at home. Just grab an old pillow and throw and get to work :)
Here is a video of how to make this really easy to make throw pillow.
make your own throw pillow
Step 1: lay out material on the floor, if not in the shape of a square- fold until it is.
make your own throw pillow
Step 2: Lay pillow at corner of square so two corners are touching the border
make your own throw pillow
Step 3: fold excess triangle over pillow
make your own throw pillow
Step 4: Roll pillow so that it is completely covered by material
make your own throw pillow
Step 5: fold top triangle over pillow- to create a shape similar to a wrapped candy
make your own throw pillow
Step 6: grab both loose ends of pillow and tie in the center of pillow. Glue or tape if desired
make your own throw pillow
Finished Product!

• 1 old pillow  (my home)
  • 1 old piece of material (skirt, shirt, scarf, throw)  (my home)

To see more: http://www.kaylahomedesign.com

• Kaye

Has anyone tried this for Christmas decorations? I am trying to reduce the hauling.
    • Bra22303541

Have covered my sofa, chairs and some bed pillows with this fabric method for holidays and/or seasons.

• Lady Suzane Myles

I am making 2 of these for my 2 puppies for when we go out and they have to sit on the cold concrete,
    • Jan Vincent

That's so sweet of you to think of the puppies like that. But you know that sometimes they like to lay on cool or cold floors to cool their tummies. My spoiled (yes I said it) baby girl would love this one too! She already thinks she's a Prima Donna as it is! I think I may use a warm fabric for winter and a different one for summer. Thanks Kay!

• Patricia

Love this!!