How to Make Copper Daffodils

$20

Hi, I had a go making these copper daffodils in the hope I wouldn’t have to buy flowers for my wife ever again! (Not true) I had some 1 inch (25 mm) lying around and thought this would be a great way to use it. Hope you have a go making them.
Have a look at the video above to watch how I made these copper daffodils or have a look at my guide below.

The materials need for this are:
30 inches (762mm) of 1 inch (25mm) copper pipe
¼ chrome bar (I got mine from a broken clothes rail (clothes horse/airer)
Mark six  3.5 inch (89mm)sections on the pipe.
Put a cut down this length of pipe using a grinder with a fine disc then cut it into the 6 parts.
Using two pliers open and flatten out each of the six sections.
Mark out the petals on these six flattened sections and cut them out using a snips. You can then rough up the petals with a hammer to add some texture to them.
Cut the remaining 9 inches (229mm) of pipe into six 1.5inch (38mm)
Using the two pliers again and a hammer turn back a lip on the pipe to form the tube (trumpet or whatever it’s called)
Drill holes in the middle of the petal sections. (the size will depend on the size of the bar you are using for the stem)
After a clean with some steel wool add some flux to the copper and heat it up using a blow torch to the melting temperature of the brazing rod.
When it’s heated up bring in the brazing rod and join the two pieces together.
I then used a tap and die set to create the threads in the ¼ inch chrome bar. I then bent the bar (stem)in a vice.
Clean the daffodils with fine steel wool.
Using the tap part of the tap and die set I formed threads in the daffodil. (Where I drilled the holes earlier) Then screw the stem and the top together.
There they are the finished daffodils!
There they are the finished daffodils!
These will last forever! You could give them a better clean than I did and polish them up to a shiny finish. Once again my lack of patience won out. Hope you enjoyed it.

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFO-cCV9jr_P5eA3ik5CLcw

• Linda Davis Waller
    Linda Davis Waller

Do you put something on there to keep them from turning black?
    • Em
      Em

They won't turn black. Copper gets a patina that is turquoise in color.

• Judy
    Judy

What did you spray the vase with after you torched it? By the way your work is beautiful.
    • Eamon Walsh
      Eamon Walsh

Hey Judy, thank you. I sprayed it with a few coats of a clear varnish.
  • Debbie
    Debbie

Cute!