Our Kitchen & Dining Room Remodel

2 Weeks
Advanced

We remodeled our kitchen & dining room (and pretty much the entire rest of the house) in the midst of moving into our home. It came out better than we had hoped for. Ran into several snags along the way...scheduling was difficult to say the least.
BEFORE: White tile with stained grout, white & beige vinyl flooring, white appliances, white sink & faucet. This kitchen says hello 90's.
BEFORE: Old white Kenmore Drop in Range with Coil burners.
BEFORE: Dusty old green & burgundy valance was left for us...had to go!
IN PROGRESS: The vinyl was a bear to remove, the underlayment was so hard and about a bazzillion floor tacks to pull up. At least I had a cute helper ;D
AFTER: I painted the cabinets using Maison Blanche Wrought Iron Vintage Furniture Paint. I used three coats & then topped it with Min-Wax Satin Water Based Poly Acrylic, three coats as well. Installed new stainless steel appliances.
AFTER: Chose to leave the cabinet doors off and display my custom cookbooks. Painted the inside of cabinet black, including the plug outlet. I have never used cabinets above the oven. They seem too small for much of anything, so this was perfect for my cookbooks!
AFTER: Added gray, white & black toned granite counter tops. Nickel pulls for the cabinets & nickel bin pulls for the drawers. New french brown wide plank wood laminate throughout.
AFTER: Extra deep Elkay Neptune Single bowl stainless steel sink, stainless moen woodmere faucet, stainless soap pump, airswitch, new ise 1.1HP disposer & ise vintage style hot water dispenser.
AFTER: Eat in Bar stools in nickel & black. Purchased on Amazon....I love Amazon! New stainless frig & dishwasher complete this kitchen. Goodbye 90's hello new millennium!
BEFORE: Modern style chandelier & light beige carpet.
AFTER: French Brown wood laminate flooring throughout. New nickel chandelier. This room fills me with peace. It's very tranquil and gets a lot of light.

4Β ofΒ 102 comments