Caressa Cowan
Caressa Cowan
  • Los Angeles, CA

DIY Boho Basket

$10

Create your own rope basket storage, plant holders, or to just have as decoration! Learn how in this simple diy!

You'll need:

1)Rope (at least 50ft)
2) Hot glue gun & glue sticks
3)Any size plastic basket- this helps shape your rope basket!
4)Spray paint or acrylic paints & paint brush!
5) Painters tape (to create designs on your basket)

diy boho basket
First you will get your hot glue gun plugged in and ready! Once its hot, grab your plastic basket mold, get your rope and start gluing !
diy boho basket
Glue the ends together. Go around and around and make sure you use enough glue to keep it secure!

diy boho basket
It should look like this, now start going around your plastic basket mold. Don't glue the rope to the plastic basket but around it onto the robe!
You'll start to see the basket form!
diy boho basket
Glue until you get to the end of your rope! I made a handle for my basket by using the last bit of rope.
Pull rope basket off mold!
diy boho basket
Now get creative! Paint designs or get tape and spray paint your basket however you feel!

Let it sit and dry for at least a day!

That's it!! Simple, easy and fun!
diy boho basket
Hope you enjoyed this DIY!
For more or to see this live video go Caressa Cowan on Youtube!
Caressa Cowan

• Barbara Greer

I would love to try this. Not sure what kind of rope and I want to paint the whole basket to match my décor. Is this acceptable?
    • Jenny

Clever! Rope is very expensive in the U.K. 😟

• Anthony

Why parchment paper? in my neck of the woods, parchment paper is expensive. Couldn't u use any other paper, or even no paper for this project?
  • Rachael Basye

Why isn't there a picture of the finished product?