Picture Frame Coffee Table

$175

My picture frame coffee table has always been a staple in my living room as it is such a wonderful conversation piece and adds so much character to my home. This video and simple instructions will have you creating your conversation piece in no time! If you would like to see more of my home DIY projects check out my YouTube channel at http://www.athomewithnikki.com Thanks. Nikki

SHOP YOUR FRAMES

Look for frames that you think best fits your design style. Make sure to get different size frames for a unique look. Stay away from oval shaped frames, straight sided frames are best for this project. Get an abundance of frames, this is key! Remember that you can always return the frames that you do not use.
THE BASE
Start with a base, it can be your existing coffee table or you could go onto Craig’s List. If you have a glass coffee table that is fine, just take glass or mirror off to use the base. Wood or metal tables are perfectly fine as well.
For Glass: 
Go to your local hardware store, have them cut you a piece of plywood or MDF
Screw down the Plywood or MDF to the base of your table with the existing screws from your table. You do not have to do this step for wood or metal tables. 

FRAME CONFIGURATION

This step can be the longest step of this project. Laying all the frames down, moving them around to give you the look that you desire. You want to make sure that you do not have any gaps. You want your 

Play around with it, take pictures to make sure that you like the arrangement of the frames.

Once you have the desired arrangement, take a picture of it.
Write down the sizes of each of the frames, Go to your local hardware store to have them cut the mirror to the desired size of each frame.

Adding foam board is a great way to add more durability to the mirror. You can get foam board from your local art supply store. Cut foam board to the size of the frame. Take out back of the frame and add the foam board behind the mirror, lock it in.
When gluing the frames to the table, start from the center. By doing this, will give you a good starting point for the other frames. I like to use Liquid Nails (Heavy Duty) for my adhesive. Make sure to let your table dry for a day or two to make sure that it is stable. 
Here is how the gorgeous table came out!
Watch the video below to see the whole process in action!
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

To see more: http://athomewithnikki.com/

• Nikki

Fantastic video

thank u so much for sharing

love that room !!

love that table

• KATHLEEN

where did you get the mirror?

• ShelbyNeen

she wrote - "Write down the sizes of each of the frames, Go to your local hardware store to have them cut the mirror to the desired size of each frame."

• Tammie

Do you take the glass out of each picture frame, or do you leave the glass in each picture frame?

• Sandra Salisbury

Nikki,

I have no question but I do have a huge thank you for sharing this beautiful project!

I have spent some time making my hallway walls into a gallery. I have A LOT of pictures and no more space for frames! I have a rescued coffee table that has the ledge that allows you to put glass in it for a type of "shadowbox". I love your decor too, by the way. Have a blessed new year!!

• Sandra Salisbury

Oh, I'll put the frames on like yours, not using the ledge. I wasn't sure if I was clear on my first message

• Bcfatbroad

Hey it is beautiful.Now my husband is looking at me like I am insane...He has not understood creativity..I do want to thank you for this,,I never would have thought of it..It may take a long while to sneak it into the projects..But it will get there..Thank you..