⚒ DIY SHELF IDEAS 📚 | DIY Kids Bookshelf From Rain Gutters | Lane

$10

My wife saw this DIY shelf idea on Pinterest, so we decided to build it because our kids need a bookshelf to put their books and this looked like the perfect kids bookshelf, and I thought it was cool that it was made from rain gutters!

Our kids have a playroom where they have a lot of their books, but they didn't have a dedicated spot for their books. We decided to go to the hardware store and try to build these DIY shelves for our kids.
We got 2 long rain gutters and I cut them up to make the bookshelves. It is a very easy DIY shelf to put together. Believe me, if I can do it, you can do it! 
Step 1: Cut them to the length that you want to shelf to be.

(Another cool thing about this rain gutter bookshelf is that they look like floating shelves.)
Step 2: Find the studs in the wall with a stud finder. Books are heavy, I recommend screwing it into a stud.

Step 3: Measure your kids. Make sure that your smallest child has room to reach books on his or her level. It's smart to work from the bottom up, instead of the bottom down.
Step 4: Pre drill your holes in the gutters.
Step 5: Drill your screws through the pre-drilled holes into the wall studs. Use a level to make sure that there is no slope.
Step 6: Enjoy your new bookshelf!
Entire Build Video
This is the video that I created of the entire build.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Memorial Day Crafts
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For

To see more: http://youtube.com/LaneVids

• Linda Stith

Are the gutters made from vinly

• Jennifer

I would be afraid they would bend just by being leans on or pulled in. Cute idea but I would rather do it with reclaimed pallets.

• Beth

Are you going to put the end caps on the gutters to prevent cuts?

• Van

I want to make these

For my grandson

You always have such good for children

• Judith

I just wanted to compliment your choice of "After" picture...the one with the floppy kid on the floor ! Great idea for kid shelves ! Thanks for sharing !