How to get rid of fleas on dogs and in carpet? And not borax or dimet?

+4
I live outside Memphis. And for the first time we have fleas this year !

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Sep 11, 2017
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Sep 11, 2017
    When we suddenly had fleas in our house, we had the house treated by an exterminator, and our pets professionally washed and treated. You often need a follow-up treatment due to the life cycle of fleas. I bought a vacuum that I still love (a Dyson), and washed everything washable in hot water, stuff that wasn't got bagged for 3-4 weeks (I was told 2 weeks, but, didn't want to go through it again. Once the cycle was broken, I continued using flea drops on my pets, and vacuuming everything. That was a few years ago, and I don't ever want to deal with it again.
  • Marlene McCraw Marlene McCraw on Sep 11, 2017
    Flea fogger, follow directions exactly. Last time I did it was several years ago. I am sure there are probably new foggers that are pet and people friendly.
  • Peg Peg on Sep 11, 2017
    Renee I am also in tn and never had a flea issue till this year. Lots of weather changes I suspect is part of the problem.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Sep 11, 2017
    Hello! Here are some really great ideas to get rid of fleas . Click on the online link to read through this comprehensive information :

• Karen Krysowaty Karen Krysowaty on Sep 11, 2017
    I use a monthly flea and tick medication which is oral and I get at our vets. The last time before this medication I used a topical to kill the existing fleas on my dog and used a topical spray that has a 6 month residual. After spraying it I let it dry and then vacuumed everywhere. When you vacuum always toss the bag outside (or if you have a bagless empty it outside.