Frumpy to Fab Desk Redo

This was just another plain Jane desk I bought at the thrift store, it really had no style on it's own. This was one of my first pieces I did about a year ago so it is weird to revisit now after doing so many other pieces since then. I would probably do a few things differently now, but this desk sold literally as I was delivering to the store, so I guess I did pretty good on my first desk redo.
frumpy to fab desk redo, chalk paint, painted furniture
frumpy to fab desk redo, chalk paint, painted furniture, Nothing very exciting about this little desk
Nothing very exciting about this little desk.
frumpy to fab desk redo, chalk paint, painted furniture, I stripped the top and the drawers sanded the body This is before I knew about chalk paint so I primed it and then painted it with Behr Swiss Coffee in satin
I stripped the top and the drawers, sanded the body. This is before I knew about chalk paint so I primed it and then painted it with Behr Swiss Coffee in satin.
frumpy to fab desk redo, chalk paint, painted furniture, I was originally only going to stencil the top but the wood on the drawers even after staining just looked drab
I was originally only going to stencil the top, but the wood on the drawers even after staining just looked drab.
frumpy to fab desk redo, chalk paint, painted furniture, In order to keep the stencil in place on the drawers I used a light spray of spray adhesive to make it stick
In order to keep the stencil in place on the drawers I used a light spray of spray adhesive to make it stick.
frumpy to fab desk redo, chalk paint, painted furniture, I used some fun green knobs from Hobby Lobby and I think this little desk is no frumpy anymore
I used some fun green knobs from Hobby Lobby and I think this little desk is no frumpy anymore!

Lauri Black / Shabby 2 Uniquely Chic

• Nancy Hatcher

I love what you've done with the desk. I have an old students desk of my husbands, not an antique yet, that really needs some care. You've given me a wonderful idea for it, thanks!

• Lilly

Love it! I just re did the same desk but a little different I will be sharing mines soon!