Which type house should I build to best stand up to a cat . 5

+5
  • Banjojane66 Banjojane66 on Sep 17, 2017
    This is what I'm suggesting!! I would build it on concrete pilers (every corner)!! Raise the lowest part at least 12 feet off the ground, I am very serious about this, create a basement on the first floor for further protection. Make your bedrooms and bathrooms (two floors up) on the same floor. Your kitchen can be located in the center of the house, so everyone can get to it without any trouble. Add a pet area where each pet you have can enjoy a bathroom and not disturb your regular routine. I know we all love our pets, but in a crisis, they get scared and want to be with you all the time. Put speakers in the walls, cameras too, to keep an eye on children and pets. The top floor might have blankets, closets for sheets and pantries to store anything you want to keep dry and safe!! I have given this suggestion much thought, because we stayed one night in a nice hotel, before the hurricane came and we were all safe. I learned a lot after one night!! This wasn't a very expensive hotel, but the management was spectacular!! We had everything we needed and then some things we never thought a hotel should provide!! That's a starter for you. I hope this novel I've written helps!!
  • Lisa Elias Lisa Elias on Sep 17, 2017
    cinder block
  • Janet Janet on Sep 17, 2017
    Dense textures like wood, tile and fabrics like Velvet
  • There is a ton of info on the internet, but do your homework. Like Lisa said, cinderblock. But if in a low area prone to flooding, it needs a raised foundation. I can pretty much guarantee that building codes will now change again in the states that were hit by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. I would certainly sink caisson or pillars for extra height and safety. There are lots of ways to use that space in good weather. Here are some links for you. Interview only reputable licensed home builders, check their license with your states Contractors License Board. Good luck!

• Marilyn Nelson Marilyn Nelson on Sep 17, 2017
    From experience, a cat house out back!
  • Janet Janet on Sep 17, 2017
    No furniture the cat can't claw