Jo Ann Walker Merrifield
Jo Ann Walker Merrifield
  • Columbia, SC

Ants

Jo Ann Walker MerrifieldGGMaryjo Horton
+5

Will Natra taste blue sweeter work on getting rid of ants.

• GlassLady

Something with boric acid in it for a long term fix. Ferro makes small ant traps that are full of the solution. You just set one over their trail. They crawl in. Get it on feet and carry back to nest.
  • 27524803

What is this product?
  • DesertRose

I do not know about Natra, but I can tell you a sure way to get rid of ants. Cornmeal kills them. They cannot digest it. We use Jiffy because it is sweet. Apply it to the mound or where you see a trail of ants. Usually one application is enough. If the colony is large or if it rains you may have to reapply. We keep Jiffy year round just for ants that move in, especially in the spring. It is inexpensive, safe for children and pets, and does not harm the environment. One box is usually good for 5 average applications.

I use an equal amount of powdered sugar and baking soda. Mix it up and spread it where the ants are. Also safe for anything else that eats it. I put some in a pill bottle that I've made a fairly big hole in the lid and lay it in the area where the ants are. That way, if it rains, I don't have to reapply.
  • Maryjo Horton

Use dishwashing liquid to make a “fence” around where the ants are entering. Ants won’t cross the line.
  • GG

Sprinkle cinnamon or corn meal in their path.
  • Jo Ann Walker Merrifield

Great will get to it.
  • Jo Ann Walker Merrifield

I will try each.