Can someone name this bug?

ConnieJenni HillJax
+15

I live in Florida but have not seen this bug before.
q can someone name this bug
q can someone name this bug
  • Jay Paden

That's a tick

• Nancy Turner

Looks like a wood tick to me.
  • Flo8331416

WOODTICK

• Cheryl A

tick I would flush it down the toilet some folks burn them but I can't bring myself to do that :)
    • John Emerson

A tick bite can make you gravely ill with diseases that are difficult to treat. Get sick from a tick bite and you will become quite ruthless.
  • Kay

It looks very much like the wood ticks we dealt with in northern Wisconsin. They can be found in nearly every state, and the most effective way to deal with them is too dress so that you don't pick any up. You didn't mention where you live, or what size they were. They show up wonderfully on white or light clothing, but are nearly invisible on dark clothing. WI ticks transmitted three very serious illnesses to people and pets alike. Yes, your cat and dog will bring them into the house. Once they've buried their heads in your skin they have to be carefully removed so that the head isn't left under the skin. A bite should then be watched for inflammation. Do visit your doctor if you know you've been bitten by one and there is redness showing. Lyme's disease is treatable; but Ehrlichia (spelling?) can come back even after treat. You can have flu like feelings, and stiffness not unlike artheritus (spelling?). Our pets suffer the same aftereffects when bitten' and it can shorten their life span if not treated by the vet. We moved to the southwest where the problem isn't as bad as areas that are lush and green. Travelers have brought this to other states on their pets. First identified as a problem in Lyme, Maine I believe. There is more then one type of tick. WI has the bear tick and the dog tick; not the scientific name. Just a local name for two different size ticks. All of them can transmit disease!
  • Robbie Carter

It looks like a female American dog tick. Look it up and see what you think.
  • NCbulldoglover

Yep I go along with the rest, it is a tick. Don't want to get them on you as they can cause some diseases that will make you really sick.
  • Sherrie Slaboda

Thank you all very much. I'm not sure which tick it is but I agree it is a stinkin' tick.
  • Robyn Garner

IF you have pets in the house, please treat them all immediately with a med to keep ticks off them. If not, they will continue to bring them back in the house. Additionally, thoroughly check all pets for ticks as once they attach to suck blood, some ticks will stay attached. Read on google how to properly remove from the dogs. Otherwise you can leave the tick pincers behind which will cause infection.
  • Lisa

looks like a big tick!
  • Christina H.

Looks like a tick
  • Ebbjdl

Looks like a tick, but it's too big. Maybe some sort of spider. I notice it has 8 legs.
  • Ebbjdl

P.S. If it's a tick, you can get lyme disease from a deer tick. Check the rest of your house, all around the house. Get rid of it down the toilet, and make sure it goes down. You can also get Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, from them you usually die. When I was in my 20s, a friend died from that.
  • Jax

IT is definitely a tick ! The small size of it indicates it is a deer tick. I never heard of the rocky mountain fever from a tick but, Lyme disease is contracted from a bite from these.

• Jenni Hill

looks like a tick but i could be wrong
  • Connie

Yep....looks like a tick....that's what they look like in 0hio......