Sofa Table Constructed From a Salvaged Pallet

$17.00
1 Week

I've been looking online for a used sofa table that I could use in my living room. After several weeks shopping Craigslist, used furniture stores and Facebook garage sales I hadn't found anything that I liked.
I had an 8 foot pallet that was in pretty good condition so I decided to build my own. I knew that I wanted to use only the wood from the pallet and that I didn't want the legs to look like 2 x 4's. Because I needed to rip the 2 x 4's down to 1 1/2" I couldn't have any nails left in the wood and I couldn't just cut the pallet apart. After spending several hours carefully prying and removing nails from the pallet I was ready to go.
I found two tables on Pinterest that I liked and I combined aspects of the two to make this table. Total cost after purchasing a paint sample and handles was $17.00.
This was the basic design. At this point I needed to see how the height worked with my couch.
I build a shelf for the bottom and made some drawer fronts. I stained the drawers and the edges with Minwax dark walnut so that it would show after the paint was sanded a bit.
I made some black chalk paint with a 7 oz. sample that I purchased from Menard's.
Fake drawers with cup handles that were purchased at Menard's.
The whole table including top were finished with Minwax clear wax.

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home

• Sam
    Sam

I want to make this in school but I need the exact plans, could you share?

• Brian S
      Brian S

Sam, The top of the table is 48" x 15" constructed of 5 boards that are 3" x 48". The front and rear aprons are 42" x 5". Side aprons are 9" x 5". Legs measure 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 31 1/2". Drawer fronts are 11 1/2" x 3". The shelf on the bottom measures 42" x 11". All of the boards used to construct the shelf are 1 1/2" wide. The end pieces are 11" long with 5 38 1/2 boards spaced evenly running between the end pieces.

• Sam
    Sam

I want to try this is school but i need the exact plans, any chance you could share them?

• Brian S
      Brian S

Sam, The top of the table is 48" x 15" constructed of 5 boards that are 3" x 48". The front and rear aprons are 42" x 5". Side aprons are 9" x 5". Legs measure 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 31 1/2". Drawer fronts are 11 1/2" x 3". The shelf on the bottom measures 42" x 11". All of the boards used to construct the shelf are 1 1/2" wide. The end pieces are 11" long with 5 38 1/2" boards spaced evenly running between the end pieces.

• Sam
    Sam

Thank you very much

• Brian S
      Brian S

You're welcome. Let me know if you have more questions.