DIY No Sew Drop Cloth Curtains

I wanted to add patterned curtains to my daughter's room, but didn't want to overwhelm the room with busyness since she already has a gold polka dot feature wall. I chose to use drop cloth curtains with a band of printed fabric at the top to add some interest, but still stay relatively neutral. These curtains were so fun and easy to make, especially since I didn't have to use the sewing machine!
diy no sew drop cloth curtains, bedroom ideas, home decor, reupholster, window treatments, windows
Easy, no sew drop cloth curtains. Get the custom look without the expense!
First, I measured and cut my fabric to the desired size.
I then ironed a hem and hot glued it together. Much easier and faster than sewing seams! I did this on both curtain panels.
I measured and cut my printed fabric to the desired size. I then ironed the hem and hot glued it - just like with the drop cloths, but to different size specs.
Lastly, I laid my printed fabric over the top of the drop cloth panels and pinned it in place. I used hot glue again to secure the fabric to the drop cloth.
Easy as that! I now have beautiful curtains which were cost effective and easy to make! No sew is definitely the way to go for me in the future!
The Golden Sycamore

• Uncommonsensesc

Why didn't you use stitch witchery hemming tape instead of the hot glue? It's washable and you had to iron the hems anyway - it would have saved you a big step. There's generic ones that are extremely cheap and hold extremely well. I've used it for things that get a lot of laundering (hemming pants, dresses and skirts) as well as curtains and it's great.

• Kathy Donellan Taylor

Stitch Witchery would have been my choice as well ! It is inexpensive and works like a charm. My concern with hot glue is that it will discolor and crack over time.

• Karen Kellner

How do you make “hole” to hand curtains on rod? Oops hang

• Becky

I love this. Where did you find the drop cloths?

• Jill Kormanik

Walmart , Lowe’s , or Home Depot paint dept.

I recently bought mine at Walmart . (Again, in paint dept)

• TerrieAnn

I did similar. I cut measuring 2 to 3 inches under my bed down to sweeping the floor, I wanted a frayed hem, no stitching , or glues were needed.

1 painters drop cloth from home hardware did both sides and the bottom of the bed.

I love be the effect.

You could also use Velcro, sew an elastic around or stitch the longer sides to a current bed skirt not liked.

i just spaced safety pins to old skirt for easy removal to wash.

• Terry Gardetto

Make a matching rug with another drop cloth and same fabric! Square, round or rectangle! Use a fabric square to make her a bed pillow or two! Love this!