How To Change A Door Handle or Lever

1 Material
$21

Changing a door handle/lever may look confusing but it's very easy. I will show you to change the existing handle or lever. In this DIY one of the levers was missing to my media room. I looked up the maker on the existing lever that was there. If you can't see the maker get one that is similar. I needed an oil bronze color.
how to change a door handle or lever

Step 1. I found one similar for only $20 at Lowes. Organize all pieces on the floor. Most kits come with an Allen Wrench, but have a Phillips Head Screw Driver just in case. I really love using them.

how to change a door handle or lever
Step 2. The lever with the lock was missing so I used my Phillips Head Screw driver instead of the Allen Wrench to take off the scews on the defective part so I can re place it with a good lever, you can use either tool.
how to change a door handle or lever
Step 3: After removing whats left of the the privacy lever I replaced it with the new lever. I did not need to replace the latch because it was the same latch in the kit. See Photo Below!
how to change a door handle or lever
Step 4: When installing the passage lock make sure its inside the interior of the room. Line up the two long screws with the latch holes. See arrows below! It will match up. Add the long screws and tighten the lever.
how to change a door handle or lever
Step 5: After tightening up the screws you are all set. I had the option of removing everything and using the entire new kit. You save your self time by just using what you need. If this was a new construction or you wanted to replace the color for brushed nickel than you can replace the entire set.  Have a Happy Day!
how to change a door handle or lever
Good as new!

Kwikset bed a bath lever kit
Simple Nature Decor