How To Cover a Hole With a Farmhouse Toilet Paper Holder ($2 Lumber)

$2
1 Day

Our toilet paper holder came out of the wall, leaving a huge hole. I was so bummed. I had been looking at newer toilet paper holders, with one wall mount, so I saw this as a great DIY update opportunity. I wanted something that would fit our farmhouse decor and I needed something that would cover the hole. This is what we came up with.

Check Out The Video For a Closer Look

Here's the hole Isn't it lovely?

First, we removed the existing hardware. It's super easy. Just unscrew the screw on the bottom of the rod.....

......Then, unscrew the mount from the wall.

If you have an air duct nearby, make sure that you won't be screwing into the ducts.

Next, place the toilet paper on the wall, where it will hang. Measure around it to make sure that youre wood pieces will cover the hole, and be large enough to hold the new toilet paper holder.

Next, cut and sane your wood I needed 3- 14 inch pieces of 1x4s. Your measurements may vary, of course.

We got our wood from the discount bin at Home Depot. Look for the pile of wood with purple paint. We also got our wood cut for FREE at the store.

Then, stain your wood. You can also paint it or leave it natural. I recommend using a clear sealer after staining or painting to keep the germs out.

Next, figure out how you want to hang your wood. We placed the middle piece over the hole first.

Pre drill your holes. (smaller than the screws)

Be sure to add drywall screws, if you're not mounting to a stud.

Then, screw the wood into place.

Next, potion the new toilet paper holder to see where it looks best, and follow the instructions to mount it. Mount it to the wood the same as you would a wall, but don't use drywall screws for this step.

Here it is! No hole! I love this! I cant wait to finish this bathroom!

• Krista Pape

This this is a really awesome idea. I will use this 2 use up my old frumpy pillows. I will wash them and then use them as floor pillows! Thanks :-)

• JR

Cool. Very Cool!