Besides fumigation, what can I use to get rid of cockroaches?

+4
  • Geeswonderland Geeswonderland on Feb 03, 2018
    First check for moisture around your house to see where they can be coming from (pipes) moisture can and will bring them.. Boric acid.. Spray at a store.. Check online for diy bug killer..
  • Melissa V Melissa V on Feb 03, 2018
    Cockroaches have survived since before man was on earth-they outlived the dinosaurs! So, not knowing how big your infestation is, I would recommend hiring a professional. They don’t necessarily fumigate anymore, but they use a gel that the roaches take back to the nest and it kills them and any eggs, etc.
    I lived in an apartment and some people moved in and brought the roaches with them, and into my apt (yuck!). That was about 10 years ago, so they might have something even better now.
  • Sabrina Stimson Nabhani Sabrina Stimson Nabhani on Feb 03, 2018
    You will have to be diligent and do this every few days. Kill off the females before they lay eggs, kill the eggs before they hatch and kill the babies before they grow. Boric acid along the baseboards, under sinks along the plumbing, and outside around the perimeter of the house. I also used thode plug in things that use high pitched sound, vinegar wash outside and inside along baseboards. I also poured a vinegar boric scid mixture into the sewer and drain holes outside because they also can live there.
    keep everything food free and dry. Don’t use cardboard as they eat the glue, and transfer everything to plastic if you can I also bombed my patio, porch and garage every few days for a month, and now I do it monthly. vacuum often for the egg sacs esepecially along the baseboards and corner where they lay eggs, and empty right away outside
    good luck
  • Linda Linda on Feb 03, 2018
    Put boric acid powder in small lids and set them under your bathroom and kitchen sinks. Put the lids with the boric acid powder on the kitchen counters and on the stove top at night. BE SURE TO KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
    You can buy the boric acid powder at Wal Mart, Walgreens and supermarket.
    You may also want to buy roach baits.
    Be sure to dispose of any empty boxes and stacks of newspapers you may have around the house and in the garage they love the glue. They also come in to your home in boxes that you carry in.
    Also move any items that you may have stored or sitting next to your home and on your patio the will live in those items.
    Good Luck!
  • Rita  Kay Rita Kay on Feb 03, 2018
    Also, if for some reason you may still have the old self stick shelf liner in your drawers and cabinets, you need to remove it immediately as they will eat the sticky backing on these kinds of products just like the glue that holds the cardboard boxes together. And if you recycle (paper, cardboard, plastic, etc.) pay particular attention around those containers when you spray or sprinkle the dry borax! Just an additional FYI.........
  • Debra Debra on Feb 04, 2018
    I moved into a rental and the cockroaches were taking over in the kitchen. I tried various diy methods which helped but did not completely get rid of them. I then read the reviews of this product and bought 3 packs. I placed them in every upper, lower and drawer and placed a few out of sight on the countertops. I noticed a difference almost immediately. It has been 5 months and wasn't until last week I spotted one roach The package recommends replacing them every 6 months. I plan to buy replacement ones this week. You can buy them here. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Combat-Source-Kill-Max-R1-Roach-Bait-12-Count/11027375?athcpid=11027375&athpgid=easyreorder&athmtid=eroData&athznid=eroData&athena=true
  • Melanie Czoka Melanie Czoka on Feb 04, 2018
    I would call a pro for this.