When you clean the dishwasher with vinegar do you add detergent?

+7
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Feb 25, 2018
    if the interior is Stainless steel, I would not use vinegar - can cause damage. Use a product for Dishwasher -- see the User Manual
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Feb 25, 2018
    Not necessary.
  • Kathy Kathy on Feb 25, 2018
    I use both..detergent in the dispenser then I pour (count to five) white vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher..it gets that ugly residue off my dishes, plastic glasses and everything comes out sparkly clean-and the inside of my dishwasher looks great too! I was given this info from a dishwasher repairman..and it has worked for me in two homes..one with city water and one with well water. Hope this helps 😊
    • See 1 previous
    • Kathy Kathy on Feb 25, 2018
      I had a stainless steel lined kitchenaid when i was told to use the vinegar/detergent combo..I did not have any damage to the interior of the dishwasher!
      Now I have a plastic lined Frigidaire gallery that came with the house..and the combo works equally as well!
      I’m glad to be able to help Kate 😊 finally a question that I had an answer for 😂
  • Anne Brennan Anne Brennan on Feb 25, 2018
    I normally do not use detergent when cleaning a dishwasher or washing machine with vinegar, however, if you feel the need to add deterfent, I would suggest only using 1/2 of normal.
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Feb 25, 2018
    Vinegar is fine on its own.