Poor Man's Shoe Rack

$25

Our Shoes were just out of control... I mean you could find shoes everywhere in our house. We needed a place to put our shoes at the end of the day. We needed a shoe rack. Rather than buy a ready made shoe rack at a store, I thought I could build a simple one myself and create the home I love

***It was definitely a lot more difficult than I thought... doing a DIY project requires A LOT of planning. This was

poor man s shoe rack

I had some plain old wooden slats, carpenter's glue, and some nice dark brown wood paint. I was also hungry, so I had a bowl of cereal before the project. You can't do DIY on an empty stomach.

poor man s shoe rack

I painted the wood and two cans of oats I had lying around the house. I tried to do a few coats on the wood. You will see why I used the cans of oats in the next pic. I definitely wasn't hungry after eating so much cereal.

poor man s shoe rack

After the paint was dry (the next day) I used my super strong carpenter's glue to glue the cans to the bottom 2 boards.

poor man s shoe rack

After gluing the top boards onto the cans, I let everything dry for a while. Make sure not to get any carpenter's glue on your floor!

poor man s shoe rack

Cool! I put the shoes on just to make sure everything would hold. Now we have a serviceable shoe rack to get rid of our shoe mess.

• Carpenter's Glue  (Amazon)
  • Oats
  • Brown Wood Paint  (Amazon)