Cathedral Mirror Barn Door Joanna Gaines Inspired

$300

I have a very small hall bath & the door opens into the bathroom, taking up even more space, so I wanted to replace it with a sliding door. I bought an arched mirror on clearance and mounted it to MDF, framed it out and added trim and molding on sides for privacy.

I purchased the MDF from Home Depot and they cut all the pieces to size for me. I bought the barn door hardware on Amazon. I am pretty handy, but installing the hardware was challenging. It may have been just the one I bought because I had to make modifications. Look for one with easy installation.
Here's the mirror from Kirklands.
I mounted it on MDF 9” wider and 11” higher than the mirror. I painted the top of the MDF board prior to assembly for easier painting after.
I had the MDF cut to size to frame out the mirror.
Here's the installed and completed door!
Here's a view of it closed.
View from down the hall.
View half open.
To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges.

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!

• EJ
    EJ

What did you use for a handle on the inside of the bathroom door?

It looks amazing.

• Wendy
    Wendy

What kind of "door" is the MDF attached to? You don't mention that part. Did you purchase a large piece of wood to attach to the bard door hardware? It is absolutely beautiful but I can't figure out the large door piece that the MDF is attached to. Thanks!

• Danielle
    Danielle

Hi! Love this. But I'm a little confused. Did you take the original door off the hinges and attach the MDF/mirror to the original door?

• Anu
    Anu

Thank You! I will do it! I had similar idea, but using mirror is exactly that I need

• Lta27003209
    Lta27003209

Beautiful end result !!!!