Cathedral Mirror Barn Door Joanna Gaines Inspired

$300

I have a very small hall bath & the door opens into the bathroom, taking up even more space, so I wanted to replace it with a sliding door. I bought an arched mirror on clearance and mounted it to MDF, framed it out and added trim and molding on sides for privacy.

I purchased the MDF from Home Depot and they cut all the pieces to size for me. I bought the barn door hardware on Amazon. I am pretty handy, but installing the hardware was challenging. It may have been just the one I bought because I had to make modifications. Look for one with easy installation.
Here's the mirror from Kirklands.
I mounted it on MDF 9” wider and 11” higher than the mirror. I painted the top of the MDF board prior to assembly for easier painting after.
I had the MDF cut to size to frame out the mirror.
Here's the installed and completed door!
Here's a view of it closed.
View from down the hall.
View half open.
To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges.

Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes

• Virginia Morales
    Virginia Morales

wondering how well sliding barn doors when shut seal off noise and possibly odors in the bathroom situation?

• Peggy Calhoun Frantz
    Peggy Calhoun Frantz

Inspired? Heck yeah! A couple of questions though. What did you use to affix side and bottom sections of MDF board? How do you open from inside the bathroom going out?

• Khushbu Amin
    Khushbu Amin

This is beautifully done.

What are the dimensions of the mirror itself?

• Johanne Palange
    Johanne Palange

I detest barn doors. I think they are ugly. This, however, is very attractive. The white color and the mirror make it look light, fresh, and charming, as well as the 'gothic' shapes. Also, it isn't just a big dark heavy slab. (I think it's the clunky in your face hardware at the top I don't like.) One commenter wonders how the inside of the door is decorated. I never thought of that, but I suppose if you make it a solid paint color to go with the bathroom, that would suffice, since you don't spend all that much time in there. Congratulations on a job very well done.

• Misty
    Misty

I also am not a fan of barndoors but I love what you did as well..... great job!!!