Cathedral Mirror Barn Door Joanna Gaines Inspired

$300

I have a very small hall bath & the door opens into the bathroom, taking up even more space, so I wanted to replace it with a sliding door. I bought an arched mirror on clearance and mounted it to MDF, framed it out and added trim and molding on sides for privacy.

I purchased the MDF from Home Depot and they cut all the pieces to size for me. I bought the barn door hardware on Amazon. I am pretty handy, but installing the hardware was challenging. It may have been just the one I bought because I had to make modifications. Look for one with easy installation.
Here's the mirror from Kirklands.
I mounted it on MDF 9” wider and 11” higher than the mirror. I painted the top of the MDF board prior to assembly for easier painting after.
I had the MDF cut to size to frame out the mirror.
Here's the installed and completed door!
Here's a view of it closed.
View from down the hall.
View half open.
To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges.

• Rashida Erskine

Beautiful!

• Jen

How do you lock this door? Thanks

• Debbie

I don’t. When bathroom is in use door is closed. Could use hook and eye but that is not very pretty. This option may not be for everyone.

• Chabella

This is really beautiful! I can easily see doing this in places in my home where doors overlap with each other. Your last comment, however, confused me. What do you mean: To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges. Perhaps a visual might help. Thanks!

• Retta

You did a fantastic job, it's gorgeous.

• NO

I am considering this for a hall bathroom to free up wall space in the room. My concern is opening the door from inside the room. Do you just push on the door or is there a finger grip of some sort on the inside? The mirror would be awesome to give the illusion of space in the hallway.