Cathedral Mirror Barn Door Joanna Gaines Inspired

191K Views
I have a very small hall bath & the door opens into the bathroom, taking up even more space, so I wanted to replace it with a sliding door. I bought an arched mirror on clearance and mounted it to MDF, framed it out and added trim and molding on sides for privacy.

I purchased the MDF from Home Depot and they cut all the pieces to size for me. I bought the barn door hardware on Amazon. I am pretty handy, but installing the hardware was challenging. It may have been just the one I bought because I had to make modifications. Look for one with easy installation.
Time: 4 DaysCost: $300Difficulty: Medium
  • cathedral mirror barn door joanna gaines inpired
Here's the mirror from Kirklands.
I mounted it on MDF 9” wider and 11” higher than the mirror. I painted the top of the MDF board prior to assembly for easier painting after.
I had the MDF cut to size to frame out the mirror.
Here's the installed and completed door!
Here's a view of it closed.
View from down the hall.
View half open.
To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 19, 2018 11:37 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.