Debbie
Debbie
  • Glen Mills, PA

Cathedral Mirror Barn Door Joanna Gaines Inspired

$300

I have a very small hall bath & the door opens into the bathroom, taking up even more space, so I wanted to replace it with a sliding door. I bought an arched mirror on clearance and mounted it to MDF, framed it out and added trim and molding on sides for privacy.

I purchased the MDF from Home Depot and they cut all the pieces to size for me. I bought the barn door hardware on Amazon. I am pretty handy, but installing the hardware was challenging. It may have been just the one I bought because I had to make modifications. Look for one with easy installation.
cathedral mirror barn door joanna gaines inpired
Here's the mirror from Kirklands.
I mounted it on MDF 9” wider and 11” higher than the mirror. I painted the top of the MDF board prior to assembly for easier painting after.
I had the MDF cut to size to frame out the mirror.
Here's the installed and completed door!
Here's a view of it closed.
View from down the hall.
View half open.
To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges.

• Mamala

Did you use any hardware (knob, handle or lock) on the inside?

This is THE BEST barn door I have ever seen. I hate barn doors BUT THIS!?... Mind Blown.

• Shalena

I live this project to. But can you add photos to show the inside of the door its on a bathroom. How do you lock from inside and what type of handle is used on inside.

• V

Only thing I can think of is to put an inset handle on the inside like what is on a pocket door. It would clear the wall when opened all the way.

Haven’t though about the lock yet. I’d need to see the inside and how far the door closed over the side of the door moulding.

• Kathy

Love, Love, Love this!!!!!