Cathedral Mirror Barn Door Joanna Gaines Inspired

$300

I have a very small hall bath & the door opens into the bathroom, taking up even more space, so I wanted to replace it with a sliding door. I bought an arched mirror on clearance and mounted it to MDF, framed it out and added trim and molding on sides for privacy.

I purchased the MDF from Home Depot and they cut all the pieces to size for me. I bought the barn door hardware on Amazon. I am pretty handy, but installing the hardware was challenging. It may have been just the one I bought because I had to make modifications. Look for one with easy installation.
Here's the mirror from Kirklands.
I mounted it on MDF 9” wider and 11” higher than the mirror. I painted the top of the MDF board prior to assembly for easier painting after.
I had the MDF cut to size to frame out the mirror.
Here's the installed and completed door!
Here's a view of it closed.
View from down the hall.
View half open.
To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges.

The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner

• Jen

How do you lock this door? Thanks

• Debbie

I don’t. When bathroom is in use door is closed. Could use hook and eye but that is not very pretty. This option may not be for everyone.

• Chabella

This is really beautiful! I can easily see doing this in places in my home where doors overlap with each other. Your last comment, however, confused me. What do you mean: To cover where the hinges and door latches enter the door jamb, I just covered each side with toe kick and caulked around the edges. Perhaps a visual might help. Thanks!

• EJ

What did you use for a handle on the inside of the bathroom door?

It looks amazing.

• NO

I am considering this for a hall bathroom to free up wall space in the room. My concern is opening the door from inside the room. Do you just push on the door or is there a finger grip of some sort on the inside? The mirror would be awesome to give the illusion of space in the hallway.

• Anu

Thank You! I will do it! I had similar idea, but using mirror is exactly that I need