Shiplap Wall !

$400

We needed to update our hideous purple wall In the living room. We figured the best way was to add shiplap! And it turned out better than we thought!
This is the before. As you can see, it’s a bit dated...... and ugly!
I started by Ripping out the large horizontal pop out section in the center of the wall and the black mosaic stone tile around the fire place.
I didn’t want to completely close off the tv nook so I framed it with 2x4’s in a way that I would be able to put a small hidden door.
Next, I went ahead and put the drywall on— leaving the opening for the secret door.
After partching up the seams and screw holes on the drywall, it was time for the fun part, Installing the shiplap! (Note: be sure to nail the shiplap to the 2x4 studs inside the wall!)
I used 8 floating shelves that I purchased from Target, and used a gray and white mosaic stone tile for the fire place, and that was it!
This picture shows the small hidden door to the right of the tv. It is mainly an access point to the connections for the tv and any other electronic accessory I decide to add in the future!

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

• Bobbie Ramsey

Why did you go to all of the trouble of painting over the purple and adding drywall if since you covered the entire wall with shiplap?

• Edzon Plascencia

That wall was painted when we first bought the house. I didn’t think about the design until after. It didn’t look right just painted. I needed something more lol.

• Pmr18361705

what or how did you finish the wood on the wall?

• Edzon Plascencia

I didn’t use a finish on the wood. Just light sanding for a smooth surface and stain that I bought at home depot. Some boards are natural color. I only stained a couple pieces. No polyurethane or wax of any sort. Just the stain and sanding.

• Lancegs

We have metal studs in our house. How would you attach the ship lap?

• Gra17761537

I love this consoleI'am going to attempt to make one what kind,uv nails did you use can you give me any pointers for me on this project I,am going to try to make wish me luck

• Marty Kohlbaker

That is beautiful!