DIY House Number Sign

$40

When we moved into our house I promised myself that I would replace the old house number sign. The original sign just bothered me and had to go. I used the following materials: piece of wood, wood stain, sander, polyurethane/wood sealer, house numbers, glue, and metal mounting brackets.
First I sanded down a nice piece of wood and stained it and sealed it, while sanding between each coat.
I found the numbers I liked off Amazon and drilled holes in my wood to fit them. I will say that the screws had a floating setting as an option, which I liked, but the screws were weak and many of them broke while I was tightening them with my hands. I am not exactly a body builder and usually can’t open my own pickle jars, so this really is the screws being quite weak.
I used gorilla glue to make sure that they were firmly set in the wood. I also used my hot glue gun to fix up the screws where they had snapped off improperly. I sealed the holes on the back with hot glue, as well, so no water penetration will happen. Then, I screwed two metal mounting brackets in the top. I had thought I would repurpose the one from the original house number sign, but rust made it unusable, so I grabbed whatever pieces of scrap metal I could find in the garage.
These brackets will be slipped under the top blocks in my driveway’s retaining wall. So, this was the originalhouse number sign:
And here’s the new one:
A close up.
What do you think? Comments, questions, and feedback appreciated!

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017

• Wanda Brethorst

My husband did this but put #'s vertically & placed it under one of the front house lights attached to the siding. He painted the board with with the house trim paint.

• Ivory

Looks fabulous. I love this project and plans to do this- this summer.