Kitchen Cabinet Makeover for Less Than $250

When I bought my house the kitchen was my least favorite room. The cabinets were an orange oak wood (so gross).... For a quick fix I just added some roped crown molding, new appliances and hardwood flooring. I couldn't stand the wood cabinets anymore. I also couldn't stand that the cabinets didn't go up to the ceiling.
I built the cabinets up to the ceiling using some 1 x 6's and molding. Using some left over wood, I attached blocks to the top of the cabinets, then attached the 1 x 6 pieces of wood to the blocks, then attached thin molding where the new wood and cabinets meet and installed crown molding. I also made a refrigerator surround! Painted the cabinets in a greige color, added new hardware and hinges! I still have to add a marble subway tile back splash and install a new counters most likely in marble or quartz but I LOVE how the kitchen looks now! What a difference for such a small amount of money. I spent roughly $230.00 on the cabinet makeover!
kitchen cabinet makeover for less than 250, kitchen backsplash, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting
After
Before (previous owners decor)
My temporarily quick fix right after moving in (new wood floors, appliances, hardware and crown on the cabinets)
After
Dria @ Dio