Fouth Of July Floor Size Firecrackers

24K Views
I love decorating my home for the 4th of July red white and blue will give any room a pop of color. So today I made a set of wood firecrackers for my patriotic collection.
Time: 2 HoursCost: $20Difficulty: Easy
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
What You'll need:
4x4 post
White paint
Navy paint
Red 3m tape
White vinyl stars 6
Rope 3/4"
Raffia
Tape Measure
Scissor
Painters Tape
Glue Gun
1" Drill Bit

• fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Start by cutting 3 pieces of your 4x4 post 30" tallest 22" medium 16" smallest this will give you your 3 sizes of firecrackers.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Using your white paint cover all 3 of your 4x4 posts white.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
After the white has dried, you'll measure down from the top. On the tallest firecracker I did 9", 7" on the medium and 5" on the smallest. Put a line on all 4 sides.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Now take your painters tape and go around the top lining up with your mark.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Now your ready to take them outside and spray the navy paint. Make sure to spray the top also. I used a piece of paper to make sure no over spray went onto my white.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Once the navy paint has dried, remove your tape.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Next you'll grab your red 3M tape, you'll find this in paint department in the hardware store. Place at the bottom/edge of the navy paint and in the middle of the 4x4 post and run it vertical (up and down) along all 4 sides.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Now you can see all my red tape is on. To cover up the lines use the raffia and tie around the navy edge.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
You'll fine your smoothest side and apply the white vinyl stars. I did 3 on the largest, 2 on medium and 1 on smallest firecracker. I only did it on one side, which is the side that will face forward.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
I'm almost done. I'll just need to add the rope for the fuse.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
I drilled a 1" whole and then added hot glue and attached the fuse (rope)

• fouth of july floor size firecrackers
My firecrackers are done! They will be so cute on my porch for the patriotic holidays. Did you know there are more patriotic holidays then any other holiday. Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Flag Day. Independence Day, Constitution Day, Election Day, Veterans Day, Bill or Rights Day.
  • fouth of july floor size firecrackers
Just a few items I have done for this holiday so far! Stay tuned for more posts :)

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 12, 2018 10:28 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.