Natural Odor Eliminator Spray

4K Views
Trying to mask odors in your home and on your furniture? The good news is you can DIY this all natural odor eliminator to save money and avoid chemicals. It's super easy, and you don't have to worry about what you or your family and pets are breathing in.
Time: 3 MinutesCost: $2Difficulty: Easy
  • natural odor eliminator spray
You just need a few ingredients! Baking soda, essential oils and water to fill a spray bottle.
  • natural odor eliminator spray
Add 1 tbsp. baking soda to a bowl. Add essential oils to the baking soda.

You can choose just one essential oil, or a combination of oils for a pleasing scent ( see our blog post for inspiration and ideas).

Use 5-25 drops of the oil, depending on how many different oils you are choosing.
  • natural odor eliminator spray
Blend in the essential oils into the baking soda with a fork.
  • natural odor eliminator spray
Add 1 cup of distilled water to the baking soda mixture.
  • natural odor eliminator spray
Pour the mixture into the spray bottle using a funnel. Add up to 1 cup more of distilled water into the bottle depending on size of the bottle and how much spray you would like to make.
  • natural odor eliminator spray
Spray this natural spray where odors linger, including the bathroom, trash can, laundry room, etc. To be safe, always do a patch test before spraying on upholstery or fabric items.

Be sure to check out my other DIY green cleaning recipes, too.

Suggested materials for this project:

• Baking Soda  (Amazon)
  • Essential Oils  (Amazon)
  • Spray Bottle  (Amazon)
Kimberly Button

William Burbank, IL

I use the baking soda and essential oil mixture on carpets and rugs. No water. Sprinkle it on the carpet/rug and brush it in with a broom. Let it set for about an hour then vacuum. For room and furniture I mix 10 drops of essential oils with vodka in a spray bottle. Spray the room and furniture. The vodka evaporates and the scent remains.

• Kimberly Button
        Kimberly Button Orlando, FL

Leather is always such a hard material to decide how to clean. Because it can be easily damaged. I would guess yes, but that's just guessing. I'd do a patch test to see what works for your furniture.

• Pamela Warboy
        Pamela Warboy

Yes I will thank you.