Anni Schenk
Anni Schenk
  • El Dorado, AR

$1 DIY // Yarn Container (Cat Proof)

$1

Today I want to share a easy and cheap DIY with you. I love to crochet! I love my cat! But these 2 things don't get along very well. There are trazillions of times when I came home to something like this:
1 diy yarn container cat proof, cleaning tips, crafts
There must be a way to store your yarn so it's cat-safe, AND you can easily access it when you want to continue your crafts.
I was cleaning and when I was about to throw away an empty container of wipes, I stopped and looked at it more closely. I did buy one of these fancy (and costly) "Yarntainers" not too long ago. And I realized: It is so easy to turn this $1 wipe container into a small yarn container as well! I got started right away:
1. Grab one of these wipes at your local Dollar Store if you don't have one at home already. Look at the lid: It is perfect to hold the yarn! Remove the wrap carefully. You will need the measurements if you want to design your own yarn container wrap.
2. Measure and design! If you don't want to or just can't do your own design, you can download my ready to print wrap on my blog.
3. Cut it out, and glue or tape it to your container! I used washi tape on the top and bottom part. It worked fine!
4. DONE! Your yarn is safe now, and no more knots and other stuff that could stop your crochet-flow! Or knit-flow... Or whatever you use yarn for :)
Anni Schenk

• Lana Abdullah

Thank you, my long haired kitty and yarn don't mix well either. This will protect my yarn from his claws and hair.
  • Lisa Sinclair

Such a good idea! I reuse an empty oatmeal box, for the large size skein of yarn. I cut a hole in the edge of the lid to feed the yarn thru.