Balcony Bar Top

$250
Advanced

While we were living in our apartment, we decided to add a bar top to our balcony railing. This way we could save space and have somewhere to sit when we wanted to BBQ and eat outside! It came out better than expected ! Here's how I made it-

First I started with wood I found on the side of our house- free materials! I then screwed the pieces together to form a counter with a lip.

Next, I sanded the whole thing down.

Then I stained it. I went with a light color to keep a more natural look. You can choose whatever fits your style.

Finally I added the clear coat top coat. I went with an outdoor polyurethane because I wanted it to last since it was going to be outside. Now it looks great and is weather proof!

I then handmade the brackets to hook the bar onto the railing. It can also easily be removed if need be.

And that was it! Perfect fit! We set up some bar stools and our space is ready for outdoor fun.

18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/BalconyBarTops/listing/476082343/balcony-bar-tops?utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=social_organic&utm_source=MSMT&utm_term=so.smt&share_time=1527624353000

• Lucy Marie Bernier
    Lucy Marie Bernier

Nice work ! Is there any thoughts for someone. Who can’t make there own brackets ?

• Lisa Lanney
    Lisa Lanney

Just curious, what are the dementions please.

• KT
    KT

I love your balcony bartop! And, I have the same iron balcony...however, I do not have the skills to make the brackets. Do you happen to have any closeup pics of the brackets?? I can show to a craftsman to have made for me