Staggered Bedroom Wood Accent Wall

$80

This idea came up because I've always wished at least one wall in each room to have some kind of accent wall in them :] I liked the feeling of wood and green (bringing outside to the inside feel) while still making it feel contemporary and minimalist so this is what I finally decided on!

First, I painted the wall that I was going to accent a bright white -- ultra gloss from from leftover house paint.

Next we went to home depot to buy -- around 20+ of these boards.

I used minwax clear gloss to coat over the wood pieces to give it that shiny look.

I also painted 5 of the wood pieces in ultra gloss white as a border around the accent wall area.

This was the easiest way I could find to gloss all the beams -- by putting them side by side. Its a pretty simple process: gloss, wait to dry, gloss again, wait to dry, gloss again, and wait to dry and then gloss again. I did about 4 coats of gloss.

After that it was a matter of putting them up -- I wanted something more unique than doing each wood the same distance so I did some calculations and made them each about half an inch apart everytime it goes higher and higher.

Slowly working my way up to the top of the wall.

To nail the wood into the wall, I used a nail gun.

and that is the finished wall! It looked a little bit bare, and me wanting to still bring more of the outdoors indoors, I decided to purchase a couple of hanging faux plant.

And this is the finished result! It reminds me of a modern contemporary coffee/tea shop decoration LOL, but I really like it!

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans

• Beth

I really admire your patience with all the coats and drying time, and love this idea. However, I do not understand why you didn't go from the left to the right edge of the wall -- or at least frame out the strips, if you weren't going to go all the way across the wall. Might I suggest putting the plants in small planters? It would add some heft to them. As they are, they look like something is trying to grow through your wall....