The Blue Eyed Dove
The Blue Eyed Dove
  • Fort Wayne, IN

DIY Summer Wreath

What says "Welcome to my Home" better than a fun wreath!? Since it's practically Summer I decided to create a beach themed wreath for my front door...even though I live no where near the beach. A girl can dream, right!?
diy summer wreath, crafts, decoupage, wreaths
I bought my driftwood wreath at Hobby Lobby. Then I found some greenery, moss, seashells, fishing net and a wooden cut-out anchor at Michael's. The starfish are from Marshall's, and came in a pack of 12. This was a great find because it can be expensive to purchase them individually.
First I hot glued the fishing net to the wreath. I just glued it in a few spots to secure.
Then I inserted a few of the greenery pieces and seashells. Again making sure to use only enough glue to secure.
I used some left-over fabric that I had to cover the wooden anchor. I then sealed the fabric with Outdoor Mod Podge Exterior.When it was dry I hot glued it to a seashell on the wreath so it stuck out a little.
On the opposite side of the wreath I added some bright green moss.
Then I glued the starfish and a few seashells where I thought it needed some color.
Super easy, and super beachy don't you think? I bet if you didn't know better you would think I lived on a beach :)
The Blue Eyed Dove

• Anna Ibarra

Awh too cute, dreaming is what gives us our inspirations. -)

• Sheila D

Loveit!! Girl after my own heart...love the beach theme. Just did a summer wreath with flip flops, sunglasses, visor and hibiscus. Will definitely "borrow" your idea and add shells ..