How do i get rid of roaches without having to bomb??

+5

I only have them in my kitchen and need to get rid of them pronto, but I don't wanna bomb the whole house...what can I do?

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on Aug 14, 2018

hire an exterminator and don't mess around./..roaches are NASTY !!

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Aug 14, 2018

You gotta bomb, whole house, they ain't only in your kitchen.

• Rubleaux Rubleaux on Aug 15, 2018

Trust me, they're not just in your kitchen. You should have your whole house exterminated.

• Bec9973396 Bec9973396 on Aug 15, 2018

Be extra clean so there is nothing to draw them, make sure there isn't any open food (ziplock, airtight bowls, etc.) and then get a big bottle of boric acid. Sprinkle it everywhere! Often! You can get rid of them without a bomb or a professional but it takes lots of time and patience and poison. Obviously, you want to make sure kids and pets can't get to it but kids and pets shouldn't be behind cabinets and appliances anyway. If this is a new infestation, it is possible that they are only in the kitchen and you can get rid of them before they take over the whole house. I can't overstate the importance of staying on top of it though. Boric acid has done the trick for me several times, use it liberally and lots. Every time you walk into your kitchen pour it everywhere you can (behind, under, between). Everywhere. Lots. Be persistent until long after you think they are gone. I refuse to live with roaches. Good Luck.

• Dawn DeBerry Dawn DeBerry on Aug 15, 2018

I did a LOT of research on this topic when I had to deal with a roach infestation in my kitchen. Bombing and spraying is not the most effective way to eliminate roaches; it will will repel them and kill some but will not wipe out the entire colony. Bait is the preferred method, but I don't advise using the kind they sell at home improvement stores. Get the stuff the pros use, it's called Advion. I was able to find Advion on Amazon. It comes in little syringes and is easy to apply. I followed the directions exactly. I also lightly dusted surfaces with Boric acid (I read that a light application is preferable). This plan worked for me after multiple attempts with spraying poison failed. Good luck!

• Ella Frierson Bond Ella Frierson Bond on Aug 15, 2018

CALL PEST CONTROL !!!

• Polly Fuller Polly Fuller on Aug 15, 2018

they sell small bait traps you can use in your kitchen. but, where's there's one, there's a thousand.

• Believer123 Believer123 on Aug 15, 2018

Get the Advion that was recommended. Really works great. No need to pay someone else to take care of problem. If you live close to others, get the outdoor pest control to put around the outside wall of the house, to keep the roaches from entering. You can buy that at Home Depot.