Asked on Sep 5, 2018

How do I clean oven?

Rose BroadwayPattie HartmannKathy
+10

how do you clean an oven?

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

Pattie, first be sure it is not self cleaning. Then get aroma free spray cleaner where cleaning supplies are sold. Spray it and let it set overnight or warm the oven to 250 deg. first and spray it. I usually did mine at night and let it set. Wipe out with a warm clean rag and rinse. Re-spray if needed on bad spots. Take the oven racks out on the porch or back steps and spray them and let them set all night. Rinse with hose and wipe off with clean rag. That should do it. You might want to use gloves.

Betsy

Hi Pattie: You don't say how dirty your oven is, or if it is. If you have burnt on gunk in your oven, on pans, cookie sheets, anything at all, give this a try, it really works, won't hurt your skin, no smell, and it's fast:) All the things that work for me:) What I use is a paste made of cream of tartar (the dry stuff) and vinegar. Make a paste, rub it on the gunky stuff, let it sit for about 15 seconds and wipe off. If you have to scrub, and you probably won't, use a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to put the paste on a couple of times if the gunk is really thick. Good luck

• Pattie Hartmann
      Pattie Hartmann

thanks Betsy. i mixed 1/4 c baking soda, 1 tblsp dawn,splash of vinegar. it orked great. again thanks for your help.

• Carol Armstrong
    Carol Armstrong

Follow direction on a product called easy off

• Pattie Hartmann
      Pattie Hartmann

thanks Carol. i do use easy off too. i also tried 1/4c baking soda, 1 tblsp dawn, splash vinegar. worked great. again thanks .

• Kathy
    Kathy

What kind of an oven do you have? Search Hometalk, I am sure there is a recipe for non toxic oven cleaner using vinegar, dawn dish soap & baking soda, sorry I don't remember the recipe measurements.

Hope this helps you out

Kathy

• Pattie Hartmann
      Pattie Hartmann

thanks Kathy thats just what i did & that is the exact recipe i used. it worked great. & yes i searched hometalk cause i had seen it listed & finally found it.

• Rose Broadway
    Rose Broadway

Pattie, this looks like it's too good to be true, but dang! I'm trying it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp0FT2tQ-8c

• Pattie Hartmann
      Pattie Hartmann

okay i'm trying this too next time. i used 1/4c baking soda, 1 tblsp dawn, splash vinegar. it worked great. thanks for your reply.

• Pattie Hartmann
    Pattie Hartmann

thanks all for your help.

• Rose Broadway
    Rose Broadway

Thanks, I'll give your recipe a shot!

• Pattie Hartmann
      Pattie Hartmann

it worked for me i hope it works for you. i let it soak on a bit & i rubbed it around. good luck & happy cleaning?!??!