Easy Transfer to Fabric Technique - DIY Kitchen Herb Towels

$12

Make your own kitchen herb towels using this easy image transfer to fabric technique.

Looking for a cheap and easy way to add some character and style to your kitchen? Kitchen towels are a fabulous way to add color and personality to your kitchen space and are easily changed out for the holidays and seasons. Use this image transfer to fabric paper that requires no fancy pants laser printer. For this tutorial an inkjet printer works perfect.
easy transfer to fabric technique diy kitchen herb towels
I started out by creating the kitchen herb graphics. Make sure your image is flipped prior to printing as the image goes face down on the fabric. You can get these Kitchen Herb Images in my  Resource Library (for personal use only).

For this specific transfer paper I had to upload the image to Avery's site prior to printing. I printed a test copy on regular paper before printing all of the graphics out on the fabric transfer paper. I cut around the graphics as best I could trying to keep the corners more rounded vs. pointed which prevents the edges from peeling. 
Before applying the image I pre-washed and ironed my towels. When the graphic is ready to be applied place a pillowcase under the towel on a hard surface. I centered the graphic with the help of measuring tape and placed it facedown on the towel. Next I ironed each graphic for about 3 minutes going left to right and front and back. After it cooled for a couple of minutes then I removed the backing. 
It was really simple to do. You can see the sheen of the transfer paper a little bit, but otherwise I was happy with how they turned out. 
If you want to see some more DIY kitchen towels check out these Farmhouse Kitchen Towels.

Thank you for checking out this post. Come by and say hi and see what other amazing projects I can help you make.

DREAM it, DO it!

Tiffany - Dream Design DIY

• Flour sack towels  (Target)
  • Fabric transfer paper  (Avery from Walmart)
  • Iron  (Walmart or Target)

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY