TheFogueAbode
TheFogueAbode
  • Arkadelphia, AR

Add Farmhouse Charm With This Quick $8 Update

1 Material
$8

Everyone loves Farmhouse Style. It's dripping from every online home site, magazine, and TV show out there. This style is so lovable because of it's down to earth nature and general can-do DIY approach. If you want to know a little about the history of Farmhouse Style, you can visit my blog here. Want to bring this simplistic style to your kitchen, laundry, or bathroom? Here is a quick DIY project that
add farmhouse charm with this quick 8 update
So, you have the white cabinets in your kitchen, what's the next step to that perfect farmhouse look? Contrasting hardware. Farmhouse style is all about the contrasting elements and your cabinetry is no different. Many of us still have the silver or (heaven-forbid) ugly gold knobs hanging out.

The ideal solution would be to go and buy all new, but that could easily cost you several hundreds of dollars. My solution is a simple $8 fix.

1| Start by removing all of your cabinet hardware.

2| Grab a box and open it up. these are great with door knobs to help stand up and provide some support.
3 | Using a spray paint + primer, give the hardware 2-3 light coats.

If you want to see the full tutorial of which paint I used and the method I took to get them evenly coated, please come and check out my blog post.

With just one can of spray paint, I was able to give my kitchen hardware some pop and add more of that farmhouse charm.

• Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Paint  (Amazon)
TheFogueAbode

• I already did this in my kitchen, but I used Rustoleum Black Stainless Steel spray paint instead. The hinges of my cupboards show from the outside, so I spray painted those also as well as cupboard handles.

• TheFogueAbode

I think this adds so much character! Love it. The hinges add a nice touch too. Mine were tiny and already white so I decided to leave them.