Organic Gardening - How to Deter Slugs and Snails With Eggshells

Are you tired of visiting your gardening in the morning only to see that other little critters have been up all night feasting on your plants? I love plants like my hostas and vegetables and hate to see them riddled with holes from snails and slugs.
I have something in common with slugs...we both love hostas and vegetable gardens. But, there is something they hate that I love - eggs. They slink away from
organic gardening how to deter slugs and snails with eggshells, gardening, pest control
Crush the shells to make them easier to spread.
Snails and slugs come out at night and feast like kings on our plants!
Spread the shells underneath the plant to deter slugs and snail.s
Organic Gardening: How to Deter Slugs and Snails with Eggshells
My Merry Messy Life

• Win24303843

If I scatter egg shells will I just be feeding the rats? (We are addressing the rat infestation!)

• Heather Cooke

I rinse out the shells and put them on a paper towel in the microwave for a minute. After they are cool I crunch them up and use them in the garden.

• Kara

Wonder do you clean and rinse out the egg shells?

• Susan

II would rinse in warm water to help deter bugs. I put dried clean egg shells in the food processor and grind them to a powder and place a teaspoon in my house plants. It makes the plants healthy.

• Debbie Hoefer

Bestwa

• Alison Bulick Gilroy

We used hazelnut shells to battle slugs in Portland! And beer!

• Becky

I sprinkle handfuls of Epsom salt around my hostas and never have slugs. In fact, I sprinkle it on all my flowers. It is also good for the soil. Works like a charm.