Turn an Old Shutter into a Fun 4th of July Decoration

117K Views
4th of July is one my favorite holidays! I love the Parades, Picnics, Food, Fireworks and of course Decorating too! I picked up an old plastic shutter at the Garage Sale recently for $1 and decided to add it to our 4th of July Decorations.
  • turn an old shutter into a fun 4th of july decoration, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday d cor
We added a white wicker chair, old red Coleman cooler, the Wooden Firecrackers (instructions for the Firecrackers are on my Hometalk page) and a few other items for our Front Porch Decorating.
We used these simple supplies to create the Patriotic Shutter
We began by spraying the whole shutter with primer.
And then came the time consuming part of taping it off. But after everything was taped, the painting went quickly.
We used a star stencil printed on the computer.
To soften the edges a bit, I added burlap ribbon and twine.
To see more detailed instructions, click on the link below.

Suggested materials for this project:

Hoosier Homemade

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!