Turn an Old Shutter into a Fun 4th of July Decoration

4th of July is one my favorite holidays! I love the Parades, Picnics, Food, Fireworks and of course Decorating too! I picked up an old plastic shutter at the Garage Sale recently for $1 and decided to add it to our 4th of July Decorations.
turn an old shutter into a fun 4th of july decoration, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday d cor
We added a white wicker chair, old red Coleman cooler, the Wooden Firecrackers (instructions for the Firecrackers are on my Hometalk page) and a few other items for our Front Porch Decorating.
We used these simple supplies to create the Patriotic Shutter
We began by spraying the whole shutter with primer.
And then came the time consuming part of taping it off. But after everything was taped, the painting went quickly.
We used a star stencil printed on the computer.
To soften the edges a bit, I added burlap ribbon and twine.
To see more detailed instructions, click on the link below.
Hoosier Homemade

• Angie

Totally copying this! How did you make the fire crackers?

• The1215615

Can you go into more detail on how you attached the burlap ribbon, please?

• Hoosier Homemade

Sure! I attached it with wire on the top/back side of the shutter. Then twisted it a bit to create the "motion" of the ribbon. The burlap has a wire in it, so it was easy to twist.

-Liz

• Lori

I give you first prize for the best display ever. I love how you guys celebrate the fourth of July and try to be down there every year. Beautiful job.

• Angie

Sorry Hoosier Homemade! I see you included instructions on the fire crackers!