DIY NAUTICAL ROPE SHELVING

$40

This simple DIY wooden shelving has a nautical touch that is perfect for any small space! The combination of wood + rope is simple but interesting. The hanging shelves are strong enough to hold a variety of nick nacks and even plants!

Use a drill to hang the deck cleat to the wall. Try to get them in a stud if you can! Repeat twice for your two hanging cleats.

Add rope to the cleats and let hang, 2 ends hanging down from each.

You should have your boards cut and stained. They need a hole drilled in each corner.

Add your board and tie a knot underneath each. Pull the rope tight for a secure knot.

Continue moving down to hang your 3 shelves. Be sure to check yourself as you go to make sure that it is staying even and level.

Trim the excess rope and enjoy! I actually used a lighter to burn the end of each rope to keep it from unravelling, as well.

Be sure to check out more DIY tutorials at my blog Charleston Crafted!

• Boards
  • Stain
  • Drill

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Morgan McBride

• Dawn

Do you have a trick to tie the knots to make sure they are all the same length to get them level?

• Patty V. Y

Anthony, I followed her link to her blog and she has the supply list there as well, however states:

The cleats are "deck" cleats And

1 1x4 6 ft long wood @ home improvement stores has many selections of wood, oak would be best stained but most expensive. Depending your taste and budget the price, most used and $ pine is my guess, oak, cedar, redwoods are great choice and most expensive.

• Linda Abate

This is a great way to gain extra storage space especially if you have a small bathroom. I can see this being used in more than the bathroom, such as in a child's room for some of their favorite stuffed animals or books, etc. LOVE IT.

• Terrie Jones

What a cute idea and who doesn't need more shelving space. I like that it doesn't sit on the ground so it will be easier to vacuum the floor. This will be great when I get my lake house.