DIY NAUTICAL ROPE SHELVING

$40

This simple DIY wooden shelving has a nautical touch that is perfect for any small space! The combination of wood + rope is simple but interesting. The hanging shelves are strong enough to hold a variety of nick nacks and even plants!

diy nautical rope shelving

Use a drill to hang the deck cleat to the wall. Try to get them in a stud if you can! Repeat twice for your two hanging cleats.

diy nautical rope shelving

Add rope to the cleats and let hang, 2 ends hanging down from each.

diy nautical rope shelving

You should have your boards cut and stained. They need a hole drilled in each corner.

Add your board and tie a knot underneath each. Pull the rope tight for a secure knot.

diy nautical rope shelving

Continue moving down to hang your 3 shelves. Be sure to check yourself as you go to make sure that it is staying even and level.

diy nautical rope shelving

Trim the excess rope and enjoy! I actually used a lighter to burn the end of each rope to keep it from unravelling, as well.

diy nautical rope shelving

Be sure to check out more DIY tutorials at my blog Charleston Crafted!

• Boards
  • Stain
  • Drill
Morgan McBride

• Dawn

Do you have a trick to tie the knots to make sure they are all the same length to get them level?

• Maude LaFountain

Anthony ....I would think you could get the Cleats at any Boat Shop ...that sells accessories....or check AMAZON or EBAY !!!!

• Angel Quinn

I want to do this in my liven room for nicknacks. Then find away to keep it from the wall a bit and use it for ur towels and that.

• Karen Alexander

Love this idea! I have a smaller bathroom and this looks like a great space saver, not to mention keep cats away!