Dirty Pour Table Top

$10

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share with you my first dirty pour with cells. I have been wanting to try this for a while but had to gather my materials first. I used unicorn spit because it makes cells really easy. I am sorry I forgot about the steps until it was done but I am including a video of how it is done. There are so many color combinations and I can't wait to try the sparkle unicorn spit. I did this table to go with a sitting stool that I am recovering and will put that on too but with more pictures of the steps.

I just love all the cells it makes.

Here is the whole table. I will be staining the bottom with the dark blue unicorn spit as my sitting stool will have dark blue flowers. That will be in about a week because I want this paint to dry really well. It goes on thick so it takes a while to dry.

Here is a close-up so that you can see the cells really well. I wish I had used a little more pink and white but it will go great with the stool.

This video is the one I watched to learn how to do this. She does it a little different than I did because I wanted to cover the whole top but I used the same things.

Here are the products I used.

It is a little messy but if you are doing a picture or something smaller, you could set it up inside a box.

• Marianne Presta

I love your table! Its beautiful! I never heard of “dirty pours” or creating cells.. i guess that means the lil circle things? Your table top looks really shiny, Did it dry like that or is it from the paint conditioner.. which.. i never heard of either. Or did you give it a top coat of something to make it shiny?

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi Marianne, thank you for the nice comment. I had to use a top coat. Since they call unicorn spit a glaze I thought I wouldn't have to. Unicorn spit is just an expensive acrylic flat paint and it dried with a flat finish. I could have bought so many pretty colors at walmart for what I paid for a bottle of unicorn spit. I learned a lesson on that one. It is really easy to do although a little messy but I did it inside a shipping box so that I didn't have a lot of clean up.

• Wendy

I so want to do this, it looks so fun!

• Kat Rogers

Your Table Came Out Fantastic~ Really Beautiful!

I'd love to see the stool with it.

I am obsessed with Dirty Pours & £ove The Cells~ I've watched tons of YouTube videos on it because just seeing the process is so cool! You can also learn about the different "recipes" being used and the results achieved with them.

You may already know this, but Unicorn Spit is really just a trendy, high priced acrylic paint. If you're using Flotrol then THAT'S the most important component to getting Cells. These days I buy the little bottles of acrylic paint at Walmart for less than a dollar, but for good deals on a huge selection of paints is www.DickBlick.com. I just wanted to share my experience.

🎄MERRY🎁CHRISTMAS🎅!

• Julie Lambert Rathe

The craft bottle paint does work, but unicorn spit and some of the other products really do make a difference. The colors of the spit are just soo much richer than the craft paint. I have fone many pours with the cheap craft paint that turned out beautiful and work great because they are so affordable...but for a table or a big piece I want to chetish I alwats use the unicorn spit or better quality artist paint.