Dua Panni
Dua Panni
  • San Diego, CA
Asked on Jan 8, 2019

How do you make progress when you start a DIY project and get stuck?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAEmy Flint | Semigloss DesignDwp7470b
+2

I have been motivated by a lot of projects on HomeTalk and Pinterest. But I am scared to start it as I am scared that I will get stuck in the middle and will not be able to finish it due to lack of expertise. Have you ever felt that way? If so, what do you do if you ever get stuck?

• Kelli L. Milligan

I do test on smaller products that I could just throw away. That way I can post questions on areas I get stuck on. Dont take anything big on until you feel confident.

• 2dogal

I'd start with smaller projects and gain confidence. Tell yourself you can do it.

• Dwp7470b

Take a Break and organize your thoughts before and during the DIY. Mostly all failures are due to poor plans.

• It happens all the time and I do this for a living. ;) Problems will arise and you will need to take a break to figure it out. They normally works out fine or even end up better in the end. And almost anything can be googled or found on youtube or pinterest. Good luck!

• How do you get "stuck" if you haven't even started? Just go for it! How do you know until you try? You are over thinking this and that is standing in your way. Print your project and instructions. Gather supplies. Block out time to work on it. There are no failures, just learning experiences. The more you do the better you get.