Spray Paint a Vinyl Chair

$15.00

Don't let color fool you into passing up a great piece of furniture! I saw this chair at the Goodwill for $10. It caught my eye because of the lines of the arms. They are uniquely slanted and doubled up. I walked by it once asking myself do I really need another chair?
Thank goodness my mind was on fire and told me "um, YES!" I was not in love with the color, it was a little too muted for my tastes. If it had been a brighter teal it would have fit my idea of MCM better.
But I lugged it home and figured I would decide on a color later. Recovering was not an option as I would ave lost those cool molded lines in the back. Paint maybe?
Yes, I spray painted the vinyl and choose not a color but crisp white to make it come into the 21st Century! It looks all modern and lovely now and just by changing the color!
The before, MCM goodness, just not the color for a more modern look
The arms just needed 2 coats of Hemp Oil to make them look fantastic again
This chair has such great lines, so don't pass over something just because the color is all wrong!
Mix and match for a more interesting look. I added an indian flavored pillow to the modern white chair and then have a vintage floor lamp for lighting.

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Reposhture Studio - Kim

• Iain Collier
    Iain Collier

Hi love this by the way.

Did you test out different paints or what do you recommend ? Painting Styling chairs for my new salon decorated in 50's 60's retro so this will help alot.

Thank you

you're are a blessing