What are the best things to kill roaches and keep them from hatching?

+6
  • Pamela Pamela on Feb 23, 2019

Try diatomaceous earth ! This is an all natural product that is safe to use around children and let's ! It comes in a fine powder form ! Read about it if has many uses for around the house & garden , besides killing pests ! Good luck !

• Call an exterminator. You will never be rid of them as they hide and breed in places you can't get to.

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Feb 23, 2019

An Exterminator Dan. Call the Pros before they Hatch

• Martha Riche Martha Riche on Feb 24, 2019

Get some Advion - it works better than diatomaceous earth. We lived in a 100 year old house with a stone foundation & had a constant roach problem. The Advion got rid of them in a week! And my son in New Orleans is in a roach infested rental - the roaches would crawl out in the daytime even 😲, and Advion worked there too. I ordered it from amazon, pricey, but it goes a long way & you don't have to use much, so you will have a good supply on hand for future needs. Also, get rid of old cardboard boxes & paper sacks - they like to eat the glue & will lay eggs in them.

• Sue Sue on Feb 24, 2019

Baking Soda and Sugar. Combine 1 part sugar with 4 part baking soda. Kills fast with no harmful chemicals. The sugar attracts the roaches and the baking soda kills them from the inside out. Since roaches are cannibalistic the mixture continues to kill live roaches that are feeding on the dead ones.

• Rene Rene on Feb 24, 2019

Call a exterminator. I have the same problem and Iv tried a lot of tricks ill think they are gone but in a few weeks the eggs hatch and you are back at where you started. If the exterminator offers a mantinence plan do it.

• Leah Leah on Feb 24, 2019

Roaches love glue. I rented a place that had been treated for a year. They used to make roach boxes that had a sticky floor. They worked 100%. They make similar mouse traps that I think are cruel. They are great for catching roaches. If you catch a female, she will drop her egg when she knows she is stuck. The hundreds that come out are immediately caught. About a month later, roach free. We then bought a house, and I had to do it again. It took about a month. A mouse trap kills a mouse, but sticky ones just catches them. Then they start biting off leg, but are stuck again. I even felt sorry for roaches, and would crush them if they got stuck. I do not like to torture anything.

• Dmholt4391 Dmholt4391 on Mar 04, 2019

DIATOMACEOUS EARTH!!! It is the bodies of diatoms from the ocean bottom. They cut the carapaces of the bugs and they die. It is safe to have around pets and children. You can feed it to your pets to get rid of unwanted 'bugs' in their systems; you can eat it and for the same reason. Do look it up, you will be amazed by this stuff. I also sprinkle it around my house to deter bugs from entering. It is good when it's dry. When it gets wet, it's good again when it dries out. I've only done it once in the last several yrs and we're still good.

• Maynard Maynard on Mar 05, 2019

Epsom salts! Roaches hate it and will leave an area where they find it. Totally safe around pets and kids, it sticks to the micro-hairs on the roaches, they carry it back to the nest where the other roaches lick them clean. It's toxic to roaches, so they just leave.