Furniture Safe Adhesive Removal

We had contractors in our house over the winter, and when they bagged off the stairs to keep the dust out of the bedrooms they used duct tape- on my hutch! When the plastic was removed the tape left its ugly mark. I don't have room in my budget for expensive furniture cleaners and polishes, so I looked around to see what I had available. What I found was easy and inexpensive.
furniture safe adhesive removal, cleaning tips, home maintenance repairs
This is what the contractor's duct tape left on my hutch.
I pulled out my mineral oil and an old cloth diaper. Mineral oil is safe for just about any hard surface, so I was comfortable with using it. I sprinkled some on the adhesive and speared it around with my fingers. Then I let it sit.
15 minutes later, the adhesive cam off with a simple rub of my fingers.
Using the cloth diaper, I rubbed the adhesive off. It took virtually no effort on my part.
And now the hutch looks good as new!
Jamie Baker

• Marta

Cqn i do with olive oul?

• Carol Mather

We have double sided tape msrks on our wood floors the previous owner taped mats down with it. Now we have this stuck on all

our floors and nothing seems to budge it, will this work on that glue too???

• Jamie Baker

I have found the mineral oil removes everything I’ve tried it on without damaging for the surface. As always, you should test an inconspicuous area first.

• Heidid64

Coconut oil works great for removing tape/ glue residue too. And it also conditions the wood.

• Gail Champion

WD 40 works very well, I have also used Pam because it was handy.