Mardi Gras Wreath..

$10

I was inspired by a project I saw on Hometalk yrs. ago. EmDirr, from DustandDoghair.com' version was so unique & wonderful. Could I do it justice? It was an old, recycled picture frame, made into a Colorful Wreath....

Frame prep 1...
Frame prep 1...

I took an Old picture frame, & with checkered craft paper, I measured, cut, then decoupaged it to the frame. Painted a wooden birdie with Gold leaf paint...dried..

Frame prep 2..
Frame prep 2..

Then painted 2, 2 ft. slats, with the same Gold Leaf paint. After they dried, I measured them to the INSIDE frame & cut 4 pieces at a 45 degree angle, Glued them securely to the Decoupaged area, dried 24 hrs...

Decorating..
Decorating..

The next day I glued my birdie to the top corner... And hung to start decorating..

Florals..
Florals..

Using hot glue, florals, Ribbon that matched my craft paper & a pretty Mask Ornament I found at Walmart half off after Christmas, I began my design...

Corner Piece..
Corner Piece..

Hot glued a small piece of cardboard into the bottom, right hand corner where I began placing flowers...

Filling In...
Filling In...

Filling in spots as I go along..

Ribbon..
Ribbon..

I made 3 ribbons...

Mask..
Mask..

Spray painted a Chopstick black. Cut it to my desired length, about 4" long, & Hot Glued it behind the corner edge of the mask.

Complete!
Complete!

Glueing my mask in place with the florals & hanging it up...

post

How pretty on my front door! Thanks for taking a look...& Thanks Em Dirr @ DustandDoghair.com for the inspiration.

• Doris

Really like this and I will do this. Thanks.

• Becky Matheny

This is absolutely Gorgeous! Am going to try a Summer wreath using this Idea! Maybe next February/March I will try the Mardi Gras wreath! Thank You so much for sharing! Would love to see more of your Ideas!