Mardi Gras Wreath..

$10

I was inspired by a project I saw on Hometalk yrs. ago. EmDirr, from DustandDoghair.com' version was so unique & wonderful. Could I do it justice? It was an old, recycled picture frame, made into a Colorful Wreath....

Frame prep 1...

I took an Old picture frame, & with checkered craft paper, I measured, cut, then decoupaged it to the frame. Painted a wooden birdie with Gold leaf paint...dried..

Frame prep 2..

Then painted 2, 2 ft. slats, with the same Gold Leaf paint. After they dried, I measured them to the INSIDE frame & cut 4 pieces at a 45 degree angle, Glued them securely to the Decoupaged area, dried 24 hrs...

Decorating..

The next day I glued my birdie to the top corner... And hung to start decorating..

Florals..

Using hot glue, florals, Ribbon that matched my craft paper & a pretty Mask Ornament I found at Walmart half off after Christmas, I began my design...

Corner Piece..

Hot glued a small piece of cardboard into the bottom, right hand corner where I began placing flowers...

Filling In...

Filling in spots as I go along..

Ribbon..

I made 3 ribbons...

Mask..

Spray painted a Chopstick black. Cut it to my desired length, about 4" long, & Hot Glued it behind the corner edge of the mask.

Complete!

Glueing my mask in place with the florals & hanging it up...

How pretty on my front door! Thanks for taking a look...& Thanks Em Dirr @ DustandDoghair.com for the inspiration.

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects

• Doris

Really like this and I will do this. Thanks.

• Becky Matheny

This is absolutely Gorgeous! Am going to try a Summer wreath using this Idea! Maybe next February/March I will try the Mardi Gras wreath! Thank You so much for sharing! Would love to see more of your Ideas!