How do I get rid of roaches?

+7

I have developed a roach problem and need help. My Aunt use to use dish soap and something else. I don't remember which kind of fish soap nor do I remember what else she added.

• Lyn Peterson Marshall Lyn Peterson Marshall on Jun 16, 2019

Possibly may have been borax, I believe that will kill them. But be very careful if you have pets, it makes them quite I'll if they get into it

• See 1 previous
    • Gail Gail on Jun 17, 2019

Thank you so much for responding to my question. All I knew was she used dish soap and something else. I didn't know if it was vinegar or what. I do have pets so I'll make sure to put it to where they can't get to it. Thanks again.

• Gail Gail on Jun 17, 2019

Thank you for replying. You have been very helpful and I will try these things out. Thanks again.

• Michael Michael on Jun 17, 2019

This is how I did it and it's truly amazing...

Go to Amazon and find Advion Cockroach gel bate (4 x 1.06oz each [30gram] syringes) when it arrives apply a small amount (about the size of a 2 peas around your baseboards (about 2 feet apart) and where ever else they seem to like to roam (like inside your cabinets or under your home for example).

Now this is very very very important...

After doing this mark on your calendar 2 weeks forward and after that do it again. The reason for this is because the first application killed the adults and the second application will kill the babies. Don't stress or apply the second application too early because you will definitely see the babies. Make sure that that 2 weeks have passed because you want to make sure that you get all the babies with your last application.

My home has been roach free for over 4 years and I still have a full package that I have not even opened yet because I killed them all the first time using this method.

Michael-

• Gail Gail on Jun 17, 2019

Thank you so much for responding. I am definitely going to get me some of this. I can't handle bugs and I don't have a lot of money to spend. Thank you again.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jun 17, 2019
    borax has boric acid in it this is what kills the roaches it is poison cannot buy some places so people use the borax it is not as strong if you use too much of either powder in one place the roaches will not get in it. lightly powder areas roaches walk thru the powder then clean their legs ingesting poison and die.Mix 2/3 cup borax to 1/3 cup powdered sugar for bait & for sure need to keep repeating because cockroach egg cases after dropped from females take any where from 20-40 days to hatch. They drop them everywhere they travel. The female German cockroach carries the ootheca until the eggs inside it are ready to hatch. One Ootheca(egg case) can contain up to 50 eggs. Egg to adult takes 103 days, on average. Because they produce so many eggs that develop so quickly, their population grows very rapidly.What Do Cockroach Eggs Look Like? kinda like a reddish brown to dk brown/blackish butterfly cocoon.

The American cockroach's ootheca is dark brown in color and averages 8 mm in length. One female may create six to 90 oothecae in her lifetime. The female American cockroach carries the ootheca for a few hours to a few days, at which point she deposits the egg case in a safe, hidden location. The American cockroach ootheca contains approximately 15 embryos and remains in place through the use of the female's saliva.How Long Does it Take Cockroach Eggs to Hatch?

Immature cockroaches will emerge from the ootheca within 24 to 38 days.Brown-Banded Cockroach Eggs

The brown-banded cockroach's ootheca is light reddish-brown in color and measures approximately 5 mm in length. Females of this species produce up to 20 cases in one lifetime, and each case hatches 10 to 18 embryos. Brown-banded nymphs are identifiable by two yellow bands that cross their upper abdomens. Nymphs develop fully to adults within three to six months.Oriental Cockroach Eggs

The Oriental cockroach creates a dark reddish-brown ootheca that is 8 to 10 mm in length. These oothecae appear slightly inflated and each contains approximately 16 eggs. The female deposits the egg case in a favorable environment after it is produced. Females produce between one and 18 egg cases in a lifetime. Nymphs typically take around 600 days to become adults, although their development is dependent upon environmental conditions.German Cockroach Eggs

The German cockroach's ootheca is brown in color and typically measures less than 6 to 9 mm in length. The female German cockroach carries the ootheca until the eggs inside it are ready to hatch. One ootheca can contain up to 50 eggs. Egg to adult takes 103 days, on average. Because they produce so many eggs that develop so quickly, their population grows very rapidly.

Cockroaches are hard to be rid of so be diligent about continuing killing them off.

• M M on Jun 17, 2019

A bit of background... I purchased a condo in south Florida. It had been a rental and the tenants owned and operated a “fine” restaurant . Needless to say they vacated the day of closing and left a generation or two of roaches behind! I was frantic . Called in top gun Orkin and they came on a strict cycle for 6 months. Baited all outlets put down sticky traps paid special attention to water source areas drains washing machine sinks tubs showers etc then sprayed around entire perimeter of inside and door openings as well as windows! Within a day no sightings! But the life cycle needed to be eradicated . Don’t stop once you don’t see them! Oh I don’t have stock or ever worked for this company. They are quick efficient and reasonable