Amber Oliver
Amber Oliver
  • Houston, TX

How to Make Resin Suncatcher

$20

Hey Hometalkers! Amber Oliver here with another great craft for your home! If you like this project, I hope you'll stop by my blog!

The beautiful spring weather has be spending a lot more time outdoors, and this project is perfect for decorating on your patio. Just hang it anywhere it can catch the light!

how to make resin suncatcher

Step 1: Prepare your mold. Use two metal lids that were perfect size circles. Apply mold release and conditioner.

how to make resin suncatcher

Step 2: Prepare the EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin. Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute. Once ready, pour directly into your lid and fill about halfway up.

how to make resin suncatcher

Step 3: Let sit for about 20 minutes, then you can add in your embellishments!

how to make resin suncatcher

Step 4: After you’ve added your embellishments, mix up another batch of EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy and pour on.

how to make resin suncatcher

Step 5: After you’ve allowed enough time for the resin to cure, you can remove from the molds. 

Step 6: Drill a small hole in the top and tie on some twine on hang them!

how to make resin suncatcher

I hung my resin suncatchers on the fence in my backyard. The EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy creates a beautifully clear finish and the metallic confetti catches the sun and shines brilliantly while twirling around near my hanging basket of flowers!

If you loved this project, please visit my RESIN ARCHIVES for more awesome resin projects!

Amber Oliver

1 comment

Very cool. Great instructions. They would cost a pretty penny in the store. Look amazing.