How to Make Resin Suncatcher

$20

Hey Hometalkers! Amber Oliver here with another great craft for your home! If you like this project, I hope you'll stop by my blog!

The beautiful spring weather has be spending a lot more time outdoors, and this project is perfect for decorating on your patio. Just hang it anywhere it can catch the light!

Step 1: Prepare your mold. Use two metal lids that were perfect size circles. Apply mold release and conditioner.

Step 2: Prepare the EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin. Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute. Once ready, pour directly into your lid and fill about halfway up.

Step 3: Let sit for about 20 minutes, then you can add in your embellishments!

Step 4: After you’ve added your embellishments, mix up another batch of EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy and pour on.

Step 5: After you’ve allowed enough time for the resin to cure, you can remove from the molds. 

Step 6: Drill a small hole in the top and tie on some twine on hang them!

I hung my resin suncatchers on the fence in my backyard. The EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy creates a beautifully clear finish and the metallic confetti catches the sun and shines brilliantly while twirling around near my hanging basket of flowers!

If you loved this project, please visit my RESIN ARCHIVES for more awesome resin projects!

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Amber Oliver

• Cathy Magan

I don't see the mold release on the material list. Can you just use a mineral oil spray instead?

• Jacqui

Yes, the mold release is in the Resources for this project, 2nd item listed. When you tap on "see more" many options come up.

• Anna

Could you add color to the resin if you want?