How to Make Resin Suncatcher

$20

Hey Hometalkers! Amber Oliver here with another great craft for your home! If you like this project, I hope you'll stop by my blog!

The beautiful spring weather has be spending a lot more time outdoors, and this project is perfect for decorating on your patio. Just hang it anywhere it can catch the light!

Step 1: Prepare your mold. Use two metal lids that were perfect size circles. Apply mold release and conditioner.

Step 2: Prepare the EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin. Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute. Once ready, pour directly into your lid and fill about halfway up.

Step 3: Let sit for about 20 minutes, then you can add in your embellishments!

Step 4: After you’ve added your embellishments, mix up another batch of EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy and pour on.

Step 5: After you’ve allowed enough time for the resin to cure, you can remove from the molds. 

Step 6: Drill a small hole in the top and tie on some twine on hang them!

I hung my resin suncatchers on the fence in my backyard. The EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy creates a beautifully clear finish and the metallic confetti catches the sun and shines brilliantly while twirling around near my hanging basket of flowers!

If you loved this project, please visit my RESIN ARCHIVES for more awesome resin projects!

16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Amber Oliver

• Cathy Magan

I don't see the mold release on the material list. Can you just use a mineral oil spray instead?

• Jacqui

Yes, the mold release is in the Resources for this project, 2nd item listed. When you tap on "see more" many options come up.

• Anna

Could you add color to the resin if you want?