Linda
Linda
Asked on Jun 22, 2019

How do I make a natural weed killer?

Debbie/Dragonfly TreasureLinda SikutTinyshoes
+7

• Fiddledd224

Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle to kill in a few days. Or boiling water to kill instantly poured directly at roots.

• Tinyshoes

Linda....2 cups vinegar, 1/2 cup salt, little Dawn, spray bottle and shake well.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Linda,

There are two easy ways to make a homemade weed killer. One is to use plain white vinegar with a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Put them in a spray bottle and spray the weeds. It takes a while to work so don't expect immediate results. The other way is to pour boiling water on the weeds. That will kill them instantly. If the weeds are between cracks on a driveway or sidewalk, you can add about 1/4 cup of salt to the vinegar mixture, but don't use it in a garden because it kills the soil too and nothing will grow there for quite a while. I hope that helps you. Wishing you the best.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

There are several here on HT:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=weed%20killer

I just soak the area and pull the next day...I need the exercise! LOL

-----------

This is not an exact science – approximate measures are totally fine 1 gallon white vinegar and cup Epsom salts and ¼ cup liquid dish soap Combine ingredients in spray bottle and treat weeds at the hottest time of day for best results.