Bev
Bev
  • Merrill, MI
Asked on Jun 23, 2019

How to keep chipmunks out of beds?

Mary VanceBevJoanie
+2

• Nancy Turner

I generously sprinkle cayenne pepper around the plants and then grate Irish Spring bar soap all over. That usually works for me. I also have a spot by my neighbors air conditioner pad and under a certain spot in my Hostas that I leave treats to keep them satisfied and out of the gardens. I had one in my vegetable garden once, complete with its hole by my bush beans and peppers and he like to chew on my green beans. I baited a mouse trap with peanut butter. The trap was too small to catch the chipmunk, but the snap scared the bejesus out of him and he went down his hole so fast that it collapsed in. I never had trouble in the garden again that season. I hope this helps you with your chipmunks, Bev. Good luck!

• DesertRose

Cayenne pepper is the best way I know to keep chipmunks and squirrels out of areas of the yard. Hope this helps, Bev.

• Joanie

I need help too......the chipmunks are really in gear this year. I got holes all thru my landscaping beds. Those squirrels are out big time too!! Thanks for the tips!!

• Bev

Thank you for your suggestions. How often do you re-apply the cayenne pepper, weekly or after a rain?

• Mary Vance

You could close the door and make the bed.