How can I get rid of roaches?

Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!Kathy Gunter LawThomas
+2

Neighbors cut their overgrown yard, and I'm fighting roaches. I've been able to get them down for a little while. But even if I stay on top of keeping everything clean and sprayed, and no paper goods stacked, they keep coming back. HELP!!

• You will NEVER be rid of then unless you use a professional, licensed, exterminator. Yes, it does mean relocating pets for a few days. Hopefully you have family or friends to help you out.

• Judi

Also the nest in paper bags, n boxes!

• Thomas

Boric acid power, get it at a pharmacy. Save a few small jars, put a half teaspoon in the bottom of a jar with a bit of jelly or honey. The roaches crawl to the sweets and the boric acid kills them. If inside your home, place at the very back of your kitchen sink cabinet and bath cabinets. If outside put up higher than kids and pets can reach. No more roaches/waterbugs, etc.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Boric acid, if you have kids or pets then diatomaceous earth (food grade).

• Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!

Yucky, I've lived through something like that before and it makes my skin crawl. There are products you can buy to sprinkle outside your home that's safe for humans and pets but will cause their guts to explode. It can also be sprinkled inside cupboards and such if the issue is inside. It's call diatomaceous earth. My mom used something like a borax product when we had an issue as a kid but I don't recall the name of it and I'm not sure if it was safe for kids/pets.