Mid Century Modern Dresser Reimagined

$30

Most furniture I work on is mid century modern from the 50's and 60's. I try to salvage/expose as much woodgrain as possibe but due to their age sometimes they are damaged and painting becomes the only option to save them and give them new life!

This dresser had great lines and style but was made of cheap laminate all around, so to make it the best it can be in 2019, I painted it.

Before

First step was to wipe off the dresser and clean all spider webs. It had plenty of those...yikes 🕷🕸

I used this primer
1st coat of primer

I applied 2 coats of primer with a foam roller.

I find that frogtape works best with the minimal amount of bleed through, thus requires minimal to no finishing touches afterwards.

Design taped, let the gold spaying begin

I made sure to cover the areas that I didn't want to spray. While I have pretty good aim some will get on the already painted side unless you cover it. It takes some extra time but truts me its worth it! Otherwise you'll have to apply another coat of white...

Gold spray used in the project

I applied a clear polyurethane semi gloss coat on the top of the dresser for a durable finish! Once everything dried, I put the door and hardware back and was excited to finally stage the dresser. Staging is probably one of my favorite parts and very important one! A perfectly staged piece will be pleasing to the eye and buyers will be drawn to it instantly .

Tada! Another piece is saved!

Semi gloss latex paint used in the project

Foam rollers will give you a smooth finish without visible brush strokes. I usually use water based paint, So after a project is done I wash them and reuse them. So a 5 pack will go a long way!

Fast drying durable water based clear coat

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids

• D

Really sharp! I'm curious why everyone puts a poly over paint? You used a semi-gloss. Why did it require poly too?

• Lou

I am so copying this idea!!! (Well, a similar design). 😁

Absolutely LOVE it!!!!

• Patsy47

DROP. DEAD. GORGEOUNESS!!!!!😃😄