Asked on Aug 21, 2019

How can I repurpose a floor lamp (pic attached)?

FlipturnEmilyPeggy Sosnowski Parks
+5

I have a ceramic or pottery type floor lamp electric is removed because of damage moving across country should I just throw it away smash it up any ideas welcome !!!

q repurpose a floor lamp
q repurpose a floor lamp
  • Pat

If you like it, take it to a lamp store and see what they suggest...Looks like it needs a new socket for sure.

• Agnes Chrzanowska

I would just use as a statement piece in the house. Depending on the colors that you have in the house you can leave they way it is or simply paint

• Dee

I agree with Agnes, Use it as a statement piece, if you no longer wish to use it as a lamp. Maybe take out the wiring, paint it if you desire, and possibly put a fake vine/ flowers on top of it.

I would use it in the garden with a gazing ball on top. You can even make your own gazing ball.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=gazing%20ball

• Redcatcec

Is there any way you can rewire it? So beautiful! If not then use as an accent piece but take out the metal sticking out of the top.

• Peggy Sosnowski Parks

I tried rewiring it have no way to put wire into small hole from bottom of lamp used a wire hanger taped cord to hanger but couldn't get it to work

• Emily

I agree with others use as is but remove stem from center.

• Flipturn

Spray paint the piece to match more with your decor, then mount a double- sided magnifying mirror (first picture below) on the top, to use as a make up mirror. (The second picture shows a ready made floor stand makeup mirror.)