How to Decorate a Tobacco Basket for Seasons & Holidays

$40

I have been wanting a tobacco basket for a very long time. The other day as I was strolling through Home Goods killing time, I spotted a rather unusual one. I decided it was perfect for my front door. The bottom was different. That different bottom proved to be rather challenging to decorate around. I wanted the tobacco basket to be for all seasons and holidays so no hot glue. It needed to be easy to change out as needed.

When I saw this basket, I immediately thought it would look nice on my front door. I promptly ordered a suction wreath hanger for my glass front door.

I knew I wanted a sign so I bought a variety for fall and Christmas. These ended up being $2 or $3 a piece. I also bought one generic Welcome Friends to cover in between season/holiday times.

I picked up a small wreath and raided my ribbon stash. I grabbed a roll of jute twine to attach most of the items.

Then the fun begins... I started mixing and matching things.

For the bows, I used hook and loop adhesive circles. I could easy switch out bows this way.

I used twine and wove it through the back to attach the wreath.

Here is a rather generic one with a fall feel. I could even grab some of my hydrangea blooms and stick them inside instead of a wreath. The basket bottom is both a blessing and a curse. At times, it made decorating the basket difficult.

I am also going to do a Halloweeny one that is black and orange.

Have you heard of shopping your house? Well, I’mr shopping my yard for this post. I didn’t have a Christmasy wreath that was the right size so I went out and cut some branches. They smelled so much like Christmas! 🎄 I had a bin of things I bought last Christmas and didn’t end up using and this ribbon and little ornaments were the perfect addition to my festive tobacco basket. And those real branches smell awesome!

I used a small nail to hold the sign.

Which is your favorite? Spam me with other holiday and season ideas. I would love to hear how you would decorate this tobacco basket.

Here’s a shot that covers all the little decorative items that make up the different tobacco basket ideas.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!

• Darlyne

Where do find tobacco baskets?

• Peggy

I have antique tobacco baskets in my store and most antique stores will. They are 39x39 inches as the real baskets were .

• Sue

I love how it came out and how you can change it for all year round decorating!

• Pam Stockinger
    32 minutes ago

Awesome 👏🏻 Thanks for the idea!! I live in Panama City Beach 🏖,Florida, so I would have to have lighter colors .. but that's easy to do .. Oh the Beachy possibilities 🏖🐚🌺🐬🐠 .. Thanks 😊